IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: News in Australia over w/e is prepare for Iraq attack

The Aust govt are making it clear that they are ready to support US invasion (regime change) of Iraq.

The Prime Minister - John Howard has challenged the Labour opposition to either oppose his govt's support for US move ot to join in and support them. Consesus is that because of relationship between US and Australia, Labour will roll-over and come round to supporting the position although at the moment many Labour parlimentary back-benchers are openly opposed to US invasion.

The strength of the statements being made leave me with little doubt that Howard is preparing Australians for action to go ahead.

A big issue in Australia at the moment is a massive wheat supply deal to Iraq - just signed - on the basis that Australia tones down its rhetoric on Iraq. This makes it all the more interesting that Howard is calling Labour to account over its position on the matter.

Doug Marker

PS
(This convinces me all the more that US may be planning to take out Saddam Hussien on the basis that if they don't, there is far too great a risk that antiUS forces will do so at some near future date.

Reason Europe is so dissinterested is that many Europeans don't really care if a hostile (anti-US) regime comes to power in Iraq. Europe was never as bothered with Iranian revolution as US was. Also Russia has signed a very large multi billion dollar contract with Iraq that it doesn't want to jeopardize.

D
New I don't expect to learn of the machinations til much later
I doubt there's any way to be 'informed' about the players, for ordinary citizens. Only near-certainty I see is that, so long as [oil] and solely mercantile considerations prompt action (or opposition to actions), there just cannot be any end to current intense spin.

The world of bizness lies has now encompassed international dialogue to the extent that - I don't believe that anyone 'speaking for the players' now attempts even a slightly truthful comment. And the fact that Dubya's decision alone is likely to prevail over all the others (including all local opposition) ought to be scary-enough to galvanize action *here*.

It hasn't. Yet. Never mind web commentaries - the Corp press will continue daily local euphemisms, no matter what presses elsewhere observe. For me, it's indistinguishable from watching a scripted soap opera - it's so phony it's not even interesting to watch. The multiple 'magazines' in the Sunday paper -- are full of jingoistic feel-good pieces, including a bio by his wife, of the CIA-agent (Spann) killed in Afgh. It's Sooo treacly I'd link to it, but it isn't in the SFgate.com files. Pap. That's the norm.

Election is coming soon. That outcome just might alter the momentum - but only if there's an upset. That's the only non-soap next event I can see. I think that most Muricans are numb (more than usually) with personal and usual stuff - especially as the biznesses intensify the slashing of worker-commodities: appear lean&mean, toady to the standard Wall Street simplistic slogans as set 'price'. 90 days is the bizness definition of 'future'.

Sorry to hear of Oz capitulation; gawd knows the rationale other than sucking-up to Big Daddy, no matter who is at the helm (?)

Luck to us all,

Ashton
     The case against invading Iraq - (Silverlock) - (18)
         Reality: Israel wants the US to take out Saddam. - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
             Oh, so it has nothing to do with Bush's ... - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                 his dislike of Sharon, not Israel - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not to mention Israel's nukes. - (Brandioch)
                 Well, for one thing, I am a bit troubled by Rumsfeld's use.. - (a6l6e6x)
             Of course, the Jews rule the US and the world - (bluke) - (5)
                 OT, how do I get my check? -NT - (boxley)
                 No, that would be pure BS. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Re: Of course, the Jews rule the US and the world - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     I sent your address to the New York Jews :) - (boxley) - (1)
                         Re: I sent your address to the New York Jews :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Their children with thank us for their freedom. - (Brandioch)
         As Gandhi replied when asked, - (Ashton)
         Re: Am willing to put neck on line & say Bush will go in ... - (dmarker) - (4)
             Presupposing of course, that the US congress will roll over - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Re: Littany of lies fed to congress - (dmarker2)
                 Re: News in Australia over w/e is prepare for Iraq attack - (dmarker2) - (1)
                     I don't expect to learn of the machinations til much later - (Ashton)

When we check it out dem a brain it small. Seven time rise seven time will fall.
74 ms