IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: No no, you keep on enjoying whatever the fuck you want to enjoy.
Bold of you to assume all the things you assume here:
Just don’t fool yourself into ignoring what it actually is you’re enjoying – freedom from thought – or thinking that not listening to your own thoughts – not thinking – is necessarily a good thing.

ETA: Also, have you considered that the problem is you, and you’re basically incompetent at listening to music whilst doing other things?
Expand Edited by pwhysall April 22, 2024, 03:36:21 PM EDT
New Nope, that's not it. Neither of them.
Bold of you to assume all the things you assume here:
Just don’t fool yourself into ignoring what it actually is you’re enjoying – freedom from thought – or thinking that not listening to your own thoughts – not thinking – is necessarily a good thing.
Can't really see how that's much of an asumption. It's what people here have pretty much said themselves.

have you considered that the problem is you, and you’re basically incompetent at listening to music whilst doing other things?

No, I don't think that's it. I just don't see why I would want to. Why should I?

But yeah, I think I can chew bubblegum and walk at the same time.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New It’s not what people have said at all
In fact, Scott said “Personally, music helps me organize my thoughts”, which is the stone cold opposite of what you’re saying.

Look, you do you. You enjoy listening to the sound of your own inner monologue reminding you you’re right all the time? Awesome. Knock yourself out.

But don’t bring your “can’t listen to music and think at the same time” energy around here and expect it to be a shared experience.

And I have no idea what that video is all about, other than “thanks, I hate it”.
New Better Swedish music:
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Sweden has explaining to do.
New WTF!?!?
Someone recorded this and put it out for other people to critique on purpose?!

At a minute I started hitting buttons to try to at least understand a translation. No translation. Oh well. No. I will not assault my senses with this garbage. People do this on purpose?

In the old days I used to listen to Black Sabbath. Many intros in Black Sabbath was random garbage. Like these people just got their first guitar lesson. It was crap. And then little bits and pieces built from the edges. And then you find out how masterful it was. It all came together in this incredible crescendo of perfection. I'm not giving this video the 10 minutes to see if it's going to get there. I do nothing all day and yet I still would not give this particular video that time out of my life. Unless you tell me it's worth it as opposed to something you posted just to torture me.
New It's 10 minutes of the same 30 second loop.
You're welcome.
Regards,
-scott
New Strobe warning!
Holy s***! Are you trying to trigger seizures!?

Okay, yes. Sweden's got some explaining to do. This is not music. Computer!!! Create me noise that will cause seizures in humans! Computer response: Got it!

But: I have no idea what they're saying. Give me some English translation so I have a better idea of what they are trying to do here. I have no idea how to even try. Exercise left to reader.
New Reader = you. Start with the video title. Or read the comments.
New K. Actually not. GIYF FFS, don't be so lazy.
Regards,
-scott
New trigger seazures? listen to Abba
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Ai music maker - (crazy) - (32)
         Fewer people, more leverage - (drook)
         No. - (CRConrad) - (27)
             I accept that - (crazy) - (26)
                 Oh sure, most people do -- and I think that's a problem. - (CRConrad) - (25)
                     Music is a gift - (crazy) - (1)
                         Speaking of music, I consider this one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever experienced - (crazy)
                     That’s the most Scandahoovian thing I’ve heard for a while. - (pwhysall) - (22)
                         You don't see the difference between food, necessary for life, being tasty... - (CRConrad) - (21)
                             Sigh - (crazy) - (14)
                                 No no, you keep on enjoying whatever the fuck you want to enjoy. - (CRConrad) - (13)
                                     K. - (malraux)
                                     Re: No no, you keep on enjoying whatever the fuck you want to enjoy. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                         Nope, that's not it. Neither of them. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                             It’s not what people have said at all - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                 Better Swedish music: - (malraux) - (7)
                                                     Sweden has explaining to do. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                     WTF!?!? - (crazy) - (1)
                                                         It's 10 minutes of the same 30 second loop. - (malraux)
                                                     Strobe warning! - (crazy) - (3)
                                                         Reader = you. Start with the video title. Or read the comments. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                         K. Actually not. GIYF FFS, don't be so lazy. -NT - (malraux)
                                                         trigger seazures? listen to Abba -NT - (boxley)
                                     Get off my lawn alert - (crazy)
                             Music is necessary for my mental health - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 That noise you listen to isn't music :⁠-⁠P - (drook)
                                 Sounds like a weird crutch. Is there an underlying issue to try to address in stead? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                     Yes. The underlying issue is that music is food for the soul. - (pwhysall)
                                     Are you one of those people who has to turn down the car radio so you can focus on a street address? - (drook) - (1)
                                         I am - (crazy)
         It's been a problem for ebooks for years. - (static)
         Robots - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             What's an average factory/ blue collar worker cost per year? - (crazy)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
98 ms