IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Music is a gift
I can't produce it. I can only enjoy it. Yes, the Walkman was the late '70s. I had one.

Music turns any task of drudgery into an enjoyable pastime. Clean the house with music and I'm bopping along having a good time. Clean the house without music and I am a sad and depressed person. Music makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, I can't have music when I am attempting to be productive. It is too distracting. Even the music without words can't beat silence when trying to be productive. But methamphetamine combined with jackhammer ear plugs comes close.

Back to music. Music is great and anyone who doesn't enjoy music is brain damaged in some manner. I don't have a hope of predicting their thought process and I certainly can't trust that my thought patterns will ever align with theirs so I should stay away from them.
New Speaking of music, I consider this one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever experienced
https://youtu.be/qV9C6Am8xzk?si=HkCtZoMCwZBYZ0ix
M mentioned that she found something I was worried about. So she eased my mind. And this song came to mind.

Obviously I missed out on the fact that Judas was pissed at Christ for wasting money that should have gone to the poor. Christ was a prick. At least in this portrayal.

I am very happy that I live in a time that I can repeat the following pattern. A daily experience reminds me of a song. I hum a bar or two of the song and then go: I can have this for real. 30 seconds of YouTube searching later shows me half a dozen copies of this song, some live, some raw recorded and other's artistically recorded with an MTV video. I click on the one I want and enjoy.

This is incredible. Before my time frame, it would be a matter of old people chanting by the fire. Or very rich people being entertained by the musicians. And then recordings showed up a few decades before my birth. And the world changed.

In my youth it was limited to the number of records I could afford. Or the amount of time I could waste while recording off the radio. As I got older it became a matter of how many CDs I was willing to carry around with me. I had a thousand lb of CDs in milk crates. And it was an enormous amount of effort to go find a particular song to listen to. I'm so happy I sold them all at a used record store.

Now I have at will choice of an infinite amount of music. I don't know how long this will last but I will enjoy it while it does.
Expand Edited by crazy April 9, 2024, 05:12:46 AM EDT
     Ai music maker - (crazy) - (32)
         Fewer people, more leverage - (drook)
         No. - (CRConrad) - (27)
             I accept that - (crazy) - (26)
                 Oh sure, most people do -- and I think that's a problem. - (CRConrad) - (25)
                     Music is a gift - (crazy) - (1)
                         Speaking of music, I consider this one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever experienced - (crazy)
                     That’s the most Scandahoovian thing I’ve heard for a while. - (pwhysall) - (22)
                         You don't see the difference between food, necessary for life, being tasty... - (CRConrad) - (21)
                             Sigh - (crazy) - (14)
                                 No no, you keep on enjoying whatever the fuck you want to enjoy. - (CRConrad) - (13)
                                     K. - (malraux)
                                     Re: No no, you keep on enjoying whatever the fuck you want to enjoy. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                         Nope, that's not it. Neither of them. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                             It’s not what people have said at all - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                 Better Swedish music: - (malraux) - (7)
                                                     Sweden has explaining to do. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                     WTF!?!? - (crazy) - (1)
                                                         It's 10 minutes of the same 30 second loop. - (malraux)
                                                     Strobe warning! - (crazy) - (3)
                                                         Reader = you. Start with the video title. Or read the comments. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                         K. Actually not. GIYF FFS, don't be so lazy. -NT - (malraux)
                                                         trigger seazures? listen to Abba -NT - (boxley)
                                     Get off my lawn alert - (crazy)
                             Music is necessary for my mental health - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 That noise you listen to isn't music :⁠-⁠P - (drook)
                                 Sounds like a weird crutch. Is there an underlying issue to try to address in stead? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                     Yes. The underlying issue is that music is food for the soul. - (pwhysall)
                                     Are you one of those people who has to turn down the car radio so you can focus on a street address? - (drook) - (1)
                                         I am - (crazy)
         It's been a problem for ebooks for years. - (static)
         Robots - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             What's an average factory/ blue collar worker cost per year? - (crazy)

Just a little peril?
112 ms