IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: We shall see
Mine came on Tuesday too. I installed it yesterday and again today.. My TV hangs on a wall mount and the speakers need to be attached to the TV. I had to make some aluminum adapters to make that work.

The reason for the second installation was that I missed the clue that the speakers are intended to be pointing at the ceiling and not at the listeners. That also makes the LED status lights visible to the listeners.

Attached to the HDMI ARC connector on the TV, turning On the TV turns on the speaker soundboard and let’s the volume be controlled by the TV controller as well as sound bar controller.

Also the Yamaha’s SB Remote App allows my iPhone to fully control the soundbar via Bluetooth.

The sound is just fine!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Nice for the purpose but not good enough
I can stream music to it via Bluetooth from my phone so it gives me a nice set of portable speakers for when I'm working on my plants. But as far as all-encompassing, it doesn't do it.

It's got a great bass for a little thing but I accept it's a little thing. I will get a real subwoofer. I will get back speakers on the ceiling about 8 ft away up and behind me. I will get a real AV console that does 7.1.

When I left Colorado to move to Washington I gave up my speakers. They were too heavy for me to lift. I will find someone to deliver a pair for me here.

Also it has no digital display. Various blinking lights. So I have no idea what the actual numeric volume is until it blasts me away or is silent and then I have to figure out from the blinking lights. I don't like that.

That's okay. It served its purpose. It will be music while working on the plants. I will do a real 7.1 environment when I set up my home theater. I've done it before, I know what I'm going to do now.

Scratch that. I don't know s***. We are up to 7.2. what the 2 is I'm figuring out.

Scratch that scratch. 7.2 is the same thing as 7.1, they just decided to add another number to account for the subwoofer. Assholes.
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 16, 2022, 12:12:04 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 16, 2022, 12:15:15 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 16, 2022, 12:25:31 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 16, 2022, 12:29:51 AM EST
     Soundbar pre-review - (crazy) - (14)
         TV sound is currently in the Pulse Audio stage of development - (drook) - (1)
             Sceptre tv's are not smart and have the same issues - (boxley)
         Without speakers in back of you, you can't have a 3-D effect. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yeah I get it - (crazy)
         We've got a couple of Yamaha sound bars - (Another Scott) - (9)
             I hadn't heard of the "Clear Voice" button before. - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Yup. It's not perfect, of course, but it works. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     voice is usually always on a separate track, cool that they identified it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         In the old days I had a separate center front speaker - (crazy)
                     Well, Costco doesn't have it anymore. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Good luck with it! -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             We shall see - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Re: We shall see - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Nice for the purpose but not good enough - (crazy)

I've never used said feature, but the top Google results include words like "issues", "errors", "problem", and "madness".
80 ms