IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Without speakers in back of you, you can't have a 3-D effect.
But frankly it's the commercials that really focus to have 3-D effects. News and talk shows don't seem to use it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yeah I get it
10 years ago I had 7.1. High-end Onkyo AV center combined with top of the line front speakers combined with ceiling and back wall speakers everywhere. The walls and ceiling were covered with black fabric. Both light and sound reducing. You only heard an echo if the speakers wanted you to. I had the ultimate AV environment. I had a very specific Blu-ray movie that I think was called Sunshine. People sat down in this room and got blown away.

Those days are over. I am not climbing up to my ceiling and installing speakers. I am not allocating space a few feet behind me to get the full 3D immersive effect.

Give me a front speaker bar. Let's see how well it pretends to do subwoofer. Let's determine if I need a subwoofer. Let's see how well it does bounce around immersive effects. Move on.
     Soundbar pre-review - (crazy) - (14)
         TV sound is currently in the Pulse Audio stage of development - (drook) - (1)
             Sceptre tv's are not smart and have the same issues - (boxley)
         Without speakers in back of you, you can't have a 3-D effect. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yeah I get it - (crazy)
         We've got a couple of Yamaha sound bars - (Another Scott) - (9)
             I hadn't heard of the "Clear Voice" button before. - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Yup. It's not perfect, of course, but it works. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     voice is usually always on a separate track, cool that they identified it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         In the old days I had a separate center front speaker - (crazy)
                     Well, Costco doesn't have it anymore. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Good luck with it! -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             We shall see - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Re: We shall see - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Nice for the purpose but not good enough - (crazy)

Mine almost shook the furnace apart.
49 ms