IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's an insult of one's mother.
Yeah, people don't think about it that way much any more, I don't think, and female dogs are only called "bitch" at fancy dog shows these days, but that's what it means.

Similarly, "your mother wears Army boots" is an insult to your mother (implying she's really a man or something).

"You take that back! My mother is a saint!!" followed by fisticuffs.

A lot of these insults are from an earlier, simpler time...

HTH!!

[eta:] The obvious counterpoint indicating the change in meaning over time is Nazar[e]th's "Hair of the Dog" (4:09)

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Dec. 10, 2021, 06:33:15 PM EST
Expand Edited by Another Scott Dec. 10, 2021, 09:43:01 PM EST
New And also ...
"Bastard" is saying your mother got pregnant out of wedlock.

A remarkable amount of American insults are actually directed at the recipient's mother.
--

Drew
New It's not like we can start insulting men now, can we?
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
     fredo is looking for a job cnn terminated him - (boxley) - (15)
         He put family ahead of ethics. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
             Ethics are societal rules to break apart family bonds - (crazy) - (13)
                 I should have said journalist ethics. Here's a link to some details. - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                     Not much, as far as smoking guns go -NT - (drook) - (11)
                         Yeah, they have to go overboard - (crazy) - (10)
                             never listened to him at all, no opinion. Fredo is a nickname from the ny rags -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                 You have an opinion - (crazy) - (8)
                                     yup -NT - (boxley)
                                     "Bitch" is a perfectly allowable word. That's why "son of a bitch" is used as a euphemism for "dog". -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         That's not what that means - (drook) - (5)
                                             You looked it up? 'Cause I'm fairly sure it's not; it's calling someone a dog without saying 'dog'. -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                 It's an insult of one's mother. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     And also ... - (drook) - (1)
                                                         It's not like we can start insulting men now, can we? -NT - (InThane)
                                                 Nah, son of a b**** is an insult to the mother - (crazy)

No. It's "MIDDLE-Endian"!!!
75 ms