1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not much, as far as smoking guns go
--

Drew
New Yeah, they have to go overboard
They're scared of being accused of being like Fox. You've got Box who hates Cuomo and calls him Fredo, as if he's the non-accomplished worthless little brother being taken care of by his elder brother. Graduated law school and then decided to do something else. And did it well. Box discounts the reality of what Cuomo says. And now he's got a hook of why he can say he'll never have to listen to him again.

CNN had those apples commercials. This is an apple. No matter what someone tells you it it's still an apple.

Do they still run those? I haven't had CNN in about a year. It was the only thing that I was willing to find a service to pay for but then that service screwed me and CNN won't let me subscribe to it directly.

I used to do my errands around the house while CNN was paused. Then I would take a break, fast forward the commercials, get the news I wanted while fast forwarding past any b******* I didn't, and then I'd cycle through again and do some errands.

At that point I had enough information starters to go Google.

I tried to do that with Fox just to see. Holy f****** s***. What an insane waste of spouting b******* 90% of the time, and even when it is just the facts, it's always to scare the s*** out of someone.

Their personalities are usually better looking at least.
New never listened to him at all, no opinion. Fredo is a nickname from the ny rags
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You have an opinion
You know it's an insult. Unless you're the c*********** bastard son of a b**** piece of s*** that would merely pass on insults by default, you have an opinion.
New yup
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New "Bitch" is a perfectly allowable word. That's why "son of a bitch" is used as a euphemism for "dog".
New That's not what that means
It's calling your mother a bitch.
--

Drew
New You looked it up? 'Cause I'm fairly sure it's not; it's calling someone a dog without saying 'dog'.
New It's an insult of one's mother.
Yeah, people don't think about it that way much any more, I don't think, and female dogs are only called "bitch" at fancy dog shows these days, but that's what it means.

Similarly, "your mother wears Army boots" is an insult to your mother (implying she's really a man or something).

"You take that back! My mother is a saint!!" followed by fisticuffs.

A lot of these insults are from an earlier, simpler time...

HTH!!

[eta:] The obvious counterpoint indicating the change in meaning over time is Nazar[e]th's "Hair of the Dog" (4:09)

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Dec. 10, 2021, 06:33:15 PM EST
Expand Edited by Another Scott Dec. 10, 2021, 09:43:01 PM EST
New And also ...
"Bastard" is saying your mother got pregnant out of wedlock.

A remarkable amount of American insults are actually directed at the recipient's mother.
--

Drew
New It's not like we can start insulting men now, can we?
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New Nah, son of a b**** is an insult to the mother
And when someone told me that I agreed with them. Really f***** up their ability to insult me that way.

It's the Madonna syndrome. Some idiots think their mothers are saints and flip out when they get insulted. Which is the point when insulting someone. The whole point is to get them mentally lost and then go for the physical attack if required. But it's better if you could just do it to their brain.

And you can see I gave box an out. All those insults are erased if he takes door number two. And he took it as expected. Which is perfectly fine with me. I don't think he's the level of a****** he tries to pretend to be. I really like him. But occasionally he can be an a******. Which I will call him on.
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 11, 2021, 02:03:32 AM EST
     fredo is looking for a job cnn terminated him - (boxley) - (15)
         He put family ahead of ethics. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
             Ethics are societal rules to break apart family bonds - (crazy) - (13)
                 I should have said journalist ethics. Here's a link to some details. - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                     Not much, as far as smoking guns go -NT - (drook) - (11)
                         Yeah, they have to go overboard - (crazy) - (10)
                             never listened to him at all, no opinion. Fredo is a nickname from the ny rags -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                 You have an opinion - (crazy) - (8)
                                     yup -NT - (boxley)
                                     "Bitch" is a perfectly allowable word. That's why "son of a bitch" is used as a euphemism for "dog". -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         That's not what that means - (drook) - (5)
                                             You looked it up? 'Cause I'm fairly sure it's not; it's calling someone a dog without saying 'dog'. -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                 It's an insult of one's mother. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     And also ... - (drook) - (1)
                                                         It's not like we can start insulting men now, can we? -NT - (InThane)
                                                 Nah, son of a b**** is an insult to the mother - (crazy)

LRPDism spotted: Beavis And Butthead Cornholio Megamix
179 ms