IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does your phone support wifi calling?
Might need carrier support for this.
New Yes but it doesn't help with the crappy internet
We will get a pause for anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes at least every hour. It is obvious when watching Netflix or Hulu or HBO or prime.

It rarely affects my web surfing so I get to ignore it. I can handle an occasional entertainment pause.

But it destroys the phone's ability to maintain a Wi-Fi call. In my phone I might be able to make use of it 5 minutes later. In M's phone it causes some internal crap that flips out her networking and pretty much everything else for a while and she's not going to be getting any phone calls at that point. Mine works while I'm sitting next to her and hers doesn't. Sometime later hers will start working, maybe it got rebooted and maybe it didn't.

And even if we can do fallback Wi-Fi for the voice call, texts really require a cell connection. I'm sure I could come up with some forwarding juggling situation but I'm not going to do that.

That comes down to me going insane trying to support an Apple specific problem, at least Apple specific here. And I don't do Apple. Not that I'm angry with them, I've just crossed the point of being unable to flip back and forth between the Apple and Android interface seamlessly and I'm sticking with the Android rather than being confused by the Apple.

The moment I attempt to do anything that alters M's current phone configuration, add software, forces her to click one button, I own 100% support of every interaction with that phone from that moment forward.

Not going to do it.
     Recommendation for cell extender - (crazy) - (26)
         Google Fi connects over WiFi, is that an option? - (drook) - (3)
             Our internet is worse than the phone - (crazy) - (2)
                 Does your phone support wifi calling? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Yes but it doesn't help with the crappy internet - (crazy)
         T-Mobile used to have such things. - (Another Scott)
         And M decided to do something - (crazy) - (20)
             👍 -NT - (Another Scott)
             Heh - (pwhysall) - (18)
                 I was given one with my very first cell phone - (drook) - (17)
                     Yeah it's a different value equation depending if they have the cell towers and the bandwidth versus - (crazy) - (16)
                         buy the neighbor a 5g tshirt -NT - (boxley)
                         Well, it reduces how strong a signal your phone has to send out. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
                             While my phone power signal requirement is low, I'm bathed in the frequencies - (crazy) - (13)
                                 The frequencies and power levels aren't bio-active - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                     I'm imprinted by thank you for smoking - (crazy) - (11)
                                         Good movie. - (Another Scott)
                                         " And there is definitely a connection between high cell phone usage and brain tumors." - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                             It doesn't have to be ionizing radiation to trigger cellular changes. - (crazy) - (5)
                                                 Changes =/= Disease. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Accepted - (crazy) - (1)
                                                         Yup. Nothing you can do about it. - (Another Scott)
                                                 I just gave you the science - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Yeah but you were an a****** at the moment. - (crazy)
                                         Meanwhile, ... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             So, you've never cooked meat with a kitchen microwave? :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott)

CFOC!
53 ms