IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Changes =/= Disease.
Don't move the goal posts. First it was brain cancer. Now bodies are sensitive to stuff.

We're sensitive to changes in shadows. It probably evolved as a consequence of not getting eaten by big cats. That doesn't mean that vampire movies are dangerous.

Life is too short to worry about nanoscopic-probability stuff. :-)

The people making these claims about hazards of low-level RF/mm-wave radiation need to come up with a mechanism. It's chemistry and biology. It takes energy for things to change in a destructive way (atom displacement, etc.) in DNA and in cells - there isn't enough energy in cell-phone radiation to cause the effect that they're claiming.

There are real dangers from cosmic rays - charged particles with monstrous energies (up to 10^+20 eV) - compared to 2.5 x 10^-6 eV for 6 GHz RF radiation in some 5G bands.

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Accepted
But it's perfectly reasonable to be worried about nano size stuff. Nano plastic and nano metal scare the s*** out of me.

https://particleandfibretoxicology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12989-020-00358-y

Not that I can do anything about it.
New Yup. Nothing you can do about it.
Also...

Currently, a systematic comparison of the neurotoxic effects of different particle types, shapes, sizes at different exposure concentrations and durations is lacking, but urgently needed to further elucidate the neurotoxic hazard and risk of exposure to micro- and nanoplastics.

IOW, there's no evidence of a problem, but there might be a problem.

I get it - society and technology are changing rapidly and we really don't know all the implications. But there are big problems now that we already know that are causing huge health and safety issues in the US - the pandemic; lead; maternal healthcare and abortion restrictions; climate change; etc.

Yes, research the new stuff, but don't get distracted.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Recommendation for cell extender - (crazy) - (26)
         Google Fi connects over WiFi, is that an option? - (drook) - (3)
             Our internet is worse than the phone - (crazy) - (2)
                 Does your phone support wifi calling? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Yes but it doesn't help with the crappy internet - (crazy)
         T-Mobile used to have such things. - (Another Scott)
         And M decided to do something - (crazy) - (20)
             👍 -NT - (Another Scott)
             Heh - (pwhysall) - (18)
                 I was given one with my very first cell phone - (drook) - (17)
                     Yeah it's a different value equation depending if they have the cell towers and the bandwidth versus - (crazy) - (16)
                         buy the neighbor a 5g tshirt -NT - (boxley)
                         Well, it reduces how strong a signal your phone has to send out. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
                             While my phone power signal requirement is low, I'm bathed in the frequencies - (crazy) - (13)
                                 The frequencies and power levels aren't bio-active - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                     I'm imprinted by thank you for smoking - (crazy) - (11)
                                         Good movie. - (Another Scott)
                                         " And there is definitely a connection between high cell phone usage and brain tumors." - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                             It doesn't have to be ionizing radiation to trigger cellular changes. - (crazy) - (5)
                                                 Changes =/= Disease. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Accepted - (crazy) - (1)
                                                         Yup. Nothing you can do about it. - (Another Scott)
                                                 I just gave you the science - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Yeah but you were an a****** at the moment. - (crazy)
                                         Meanwhile, ... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             So, you've never cooked meat with a kitchen microwave? :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott)

Is there an LRPDism competition going on for some reason?
173 ms