IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Meanwhile, ...
New So, you've never cooked meat with a kitchen microwave? :)
Navy radars are known to hurt sailors and definitely kill birds.

But, of course, these are high power transmitters.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yup.
Microwave ovens operate around 2.45 GHz where water molecules have strong absorption. Of course, microwave ovens are closed metal boxes with standing waves - when working properly, they don't leak radiation. And they often have 1200W of power.

An X-band Radar:

FCC.gov:

Transmit Power

The radar will transmit a waveform with a peak power of 4 kW. Factoring in the antenna gain, the peak ERP (effective radiated power; transmit power multiplied by antenna gain) is 1.26 MW (61 dBW). The radar will operate at a maximum of 10% duty factor, so the maximum average power emitted by the radar is 400 W, with an equivalent maximum average ERP of 126 kW (51 dBW).

Lots of power for short periods of time, but not so much on average.

(Big AM radio stations are typically 50,000 watts (some used to be 500,000 watts, IIRC).)

In contrast, a cell phone towers typically radiate 5-10 watts, and 1/r^2 is always your friend. ;-)

Things are different at high power - even intense visible light is bad at high enough intensity. And, naturally, there's been lots of research on using high intensity light for countermeasures...

Interesting stuff!

Cheers,
Scott.
     Recommendation for cell extender - (crazy) - (26)
         Google Fi connects over WiFi, is that an option? - (drook) - (3)
             Our internet is worse than the phone - (crazy) - (2)
                 Does your phone support wifi calling? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Yes but it doesn't help with the crappy internet - (crazy)
         T-Mobile used to have such things. - (Another Scott)
         And M decided to do something - (crazy) - (20)
             👍 -NT - (Another Scott)
             Heh - (pwhysall) - (18)
                 I was given one with my very first cell phone - (drook) - (17)
                     Yeah it's a different value equation depending if they have the cell towers and the bandwidth versus - (crazy) - (16)
                         buy the neighbor a 5g tshirt -NT - (boxley)
                         Well, it reduces how strong a signal your phone has to send out. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
                             While my phone power signal requirement is low, I'm bathed in the frequencies - (crazy) - (13)
                                 The frequencies and power levels aren't bio-active - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                     I'm imprinted by thank you for smoking - (crazy) - (11)
                                         Good movie. - (Another Scott)
                                         " And there is definitely a connection between high cell phone usage and brain tumors." - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                             It doesn't have to be ionizing radiation to trigger cellular changes. - (crazy) - (5)
                                                 Changes =/= Disease. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Accepted - (crazy) - (1)
                                                         Yup. Nothing you can do about it. - (Another Scott)
                                                 I just gave you the science - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Yeah but you were an a****** at the moment. - (crazy)
                                         Meanwhile, ... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             So, you've never cooked meat with a kitchen microwave? :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
105 ms