IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice
A significant QoL upgrade I made this year was the purchase of a 27" 4K HDR monitor.

Everything is better with MOAR PICKSULS.

(less convinced about HDR, mind)
New Yes you are
When we got our first HD TV there were definitely times I'd be watching a show and it seemed like it was camcorder footage, not "real" TV. A couple years on, my expectations have adjusted and older shows not shot in HD just look ... old.

I suspect the same will happen when things move to 4K, if that happens before I die.
--

Drew
New Not HD, HDR
New No discernible difference in luminosity?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I was referring to the resolution jump
--

Drew
New Ah yes, no going back now
Quite a lot of our tellyviewing is now in 4K. We pretty much only use Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, with a smattering of BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub (the latter of which is shite, irrespective of platform) via the XBox One X, and 4K content abounds.

On the computer? Running my Windows desktop at 225% scaling produces a deliciously crisp display and I'm never going back! You can't make me!
New Re: Yes you are
You did turn off the “motion smoothing” option, yes? I’ve seen it in action on a couple of sets, and it makes films look cheesy in a way I can’t quite describe.

cordially,
New Yes, and yes it's weird
--

Drew
New Over here, it's called the "Eldorado effect"...
...because of the way it makes everything look like a shot-on-video low-budget soap opera.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldorado_%28TV_series%29

It's especially funny if you turn it on for action films, where you can see that 24fps was very definitely targeted in the processing.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Nov. 7, 2020, 02:25:39 AM EST
     Celebrating the mortgage retirement - (rcareaga) - (17)
         Envy.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Assuming the screen and sound are as good as the monitor I had at the previous gig ... - (drook) - (1)
                 Yeah ..sight! is everything, whatever is under the hood. - (Ashton)
         Nice - (pwhysall) - (8)
             Yes you are - (drook) - (7)
                 Not HD, HDR -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     No discernible difference in luminosity? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     I was referring to the resolution jump -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Ah yes, no going back now - (pwhysall)
                 Re: Yes you are - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Yes, and yes it's weird -NT - (drook)
                     Over here, it's called the "Eldorado effect"... - (pwhysall)
         Finally set up the iMac - (rcareaga) - (4)
             I was impressed by the compact nature of my 27" iMac's packaging - (pwhysall)
             further setup - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Nit: VIDEO_TS is not a format - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Re: Nit: VIDEO_TS is not a format - (rcareaga)

Otherwise there are Deliverance theme parks.
78 ms