IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup
I had rotator cuff and labrum at the same time, so yours should go faster, but still expect it to take a while.

You'll have your arm strapped up tight for several weeks so the repair can heal. By the time you can let that down, your muscles will be completely contracted and stiff. Most of the rehab is going to be regaining range of motion from the immobilization.

I don't know how you respond to pain meds but for me the Oxy didn't touch the pain. I didn't know that on the first night though and told the wife to hide them from me before I went and took the whole bottle.
--

Drew
New Oxy never stops pain, it only makes you not care that you are hurting
I am very tuned into the minimum I can take and still be functional so I should be good there.
Considering all of the other joints I have that act like I am being stabbed with knitting needles I should be OK. So strapped immobile is going to be fun, that is my dominent hand. Baths instead of showers I take it?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Oh, I cared
Yeah, sponge baths for 2, maybe 3 weeks. That first shower felt so good.

I bought a couple hoodies, and a bunch of 2XL tank tops so I could get the arm through the hole without straightening it out. Make sure you get something under your armpit so it's not skin-on-skin.
--

Drew
New good advice, noted
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     2020 was a bad year healthwise for me but now adding insult to injury - (boxley) - (9)
         Sorry to hear--amidst all the other blights. - (Ashton)
         Yup - (drook) - (3)
             Oxy never stops pain, it only makes you not care that you are hurting - (boxley) - (2)
                 Oh, I cared - (drook) - (1)
                     good advice, noted -NT - (boxley)
         quackopractice - (boxley) - (3)
             Sadly familiar -NT - (drook)
             Getting your MRI films yourself and caring them with you is always a good idea. - (mmoffitt)
             Keep close tabs on it - (scoenye)

I fell in love with my manservant, who was
actually the disguised twin sister of the
man that my former love secretly married,
having mistaken him for my manservant who
was wooing her on my behalf whilst secretly
in love with me.

112 ms