IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My waterbed does not get depressions . . .
. . and is very easily adjusted for firmness and temperature. I do have to burp it every few months though, when it gets noisy.

I do get mild lower back pain under two conditions. One is staying in bed for much more than 9 hours. This goes away in a few minutes after I get up. The other condition is pick and shovel work, especially digging holes. That takes a little longer to go away, but not a lot.
New Yeahbut...
Do they make anything approaching a "waveless" water bed anymore? J is a very light sleeper. I can imagine her killing me from getting seasick the way I move around...

It looks like there are some that claim to be, e.g. this one, but it looks like we'd have to change our headboard and footboard, bedframe, etc., so that's probably a non-starter.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New My local supplier tried to sell me something like that . . .
. . last time it was new mattress time (about every 15 years), but I don't need anything like that. So far nobody has had any problem sleeping, even though I do move around a fair amount - the waves seem restful.

My big disappointment was during the big Whittier Narrows earthquake - it hardly made any waves at all.

The only real problem has been with women who snore really, really loud in the wrong frequency range and in the wrong position - It can act as an amplifying echo chamber.I think some of the fancier versions might dampen that - but I haven't waited to find out.

One woman, afraid of snoring, brought a CPAP machine. Let me tell you, her snoring was nothing compared to the leaf blower sound of that diabolical machine. Fortunately she fairly quickly realized that and turned it off, so I got some pretty good sleep after that. There are times when the cure is much worse than the disease.

Personally, I think snoring is an extremely serious problem for many people, and I don't think our health care industry is giving it even 10% of the attention they should be giving it.

For the record: I have been reported to snore, but only a couple times in my entire lifetime. That was when lying flat on my back, but unless I am really totally physically exhausted, I can't fall asleep (or stay asleep) flat on my back - it's my waking up position.
New I snore a bit too.
The "nose strips" (stiff band aids you put across your nose) do help some (though they usually peel off my nose a little by morning).

I hope it never gets so bad for me that I need a CPAP, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks. Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I used one for years.
Basically filled with pillow stuffing. Worked to dampen. My brother uses one that is a series of water filled tubes. No movement between them. I now use a foam temperapedic ripoff.
New life-saving waterbed
A chum relates the story from forty years ago of smoking in bed (unwise) and falling asleep with the still-lit cigarette (doubly unwise). The fire did not initially wake him up. The fire melting the plastic waterbed envelope, causing the contents to cascade over him, did. Hilarity ensued, not. He was, however, able by dint of vigorous splashing and thrashing to smother the flames with the now-charred bedclothes, and escaped with only minor burns. Cleaning up his basement apartment afterward was something of an ordeal.

cordially,
New Yowza!
     I hate having a bad back - (drook) - (25)
         Re: I hate having a bad back, sorry to hear, I have one as well luckily at the moment no pain -NT - (boxley)
         I used to have one. - (malraux) - (13)
             especially the bed. I have slept on a thin futon on the floor for many years, it helps -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                 The most comfortable beds we've had: - (malraux) - (11)
                     Do you know the brand off-hand? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         thats what I like about futons, pick it up and shake it back into shape -NT - (boxley)
                         My waterbed does not get depressions . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                             Yeahbut... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 My local supplier tried to sell me something like that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     I snore a bit too. - (Another Scott)
                                 I used one for years. - (crazy)
                             life-saving waterbed - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                 Yowza! -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Sleep EZ - (malraux) - (1)
                             Thanks very much. Gotta do some studying... -NT - (Another Scott)
         Our backs are a weak part in the design. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             also I use a book and a doorway to press out kinks. - (boxley) - (4)
                 Oooh. Sounds scary, but worth trying. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     chiro taught me that one, press like doing a pushup -NT - (boxley)
                 Sounds like an upper back trick? - (drook) - (1)
                     no. place book right against tailbone, lean a little forward then try it -NT - (boxley)
         Re: I hate having a bad back - (TB D) - (3)
             Wouldn't help (much) - (drook) - (2)
                 Is surgery an option? - (hnick) - (1)
                     Hmmm ... - (drook)

Why can't I own Canadians?
101 ms