IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fly in the ointment...
Renouncing citizenship costs a lump sum of 40% of their assessment of your resources. You can't just flip them the bird and walk away.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Huh? *Any* resources?
If you're talking about resources *in the US*, then that's a perfectly normal equity tax[*]. (Perhaps a little arbitrarily assessed, for all I can tell, but still.)

Are you saying Rand's example of someone who happens to have US citizenship but has practically never set foot there, will have his resources *elsewhere* impounded upon renouncing his US citizenship?

Any sources on that?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)

[*]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_tax
New I seem to be out of date.
It appears to have been relaxed in 2008. Unsurprising, given the subservience to the rich. There is still an exit tax but there are a lot more loopholes in it now. I haven't the time or interest to read a bunch of IRS forms to be more specific. Sorry about that.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
     crock of IRS shizzit - (boxley) - (29)
         Meh. - (Another Scott) - (28)
             theft by any other name -NT - (boxley) - (27)
                 An inaccurate name. -NT - (Another Scott) - (26)
                     someone who doesnt work or live here and you want to steal his stuff -NT - (boxley) - (25)
                         Why does he maintain his U.S. citizenship? -NT - (drook) - (15)
                             so you didnt build that is now you didnt earn that? - (boxley) - (13)
                                 Born, yes, but gave up my German citizenship before I ever earned a penny. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     By god! - (rcareaga)
                                 You ask, you're the one has the problem with the taxes - (drook) - (10)
                                     okay, he doesnt want to pay to be a us citizen - (boxley) - (9)
                                         You know for a fact they're not taxed just like him? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                             most get paid in cash, how do you pay your illegals over there? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                                 Handwaving, non-answer, Retardican S.O.P. Honestly, have you no shame? - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                     illegal construction workers earn between 12-15 dollars per hour - (boxley) - (5)
                                                         Still no answer to any question above. What are you -- - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                             ? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 OK, sorry for being unclear: The same taxes as are being asked from him. - (CRConrad)
                                                                 OK, so can you now rewind upthread some four-five indent levels and start... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                     LRPD, ever assiduously parsing, even doggerel.. answers for him, - (Ashton)
                             Why indeed. - (static)
                         The rules say US citizens pay US income tax on their income. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                             what is he mooching exactly? health care or foodstamps? Maybe schooling or - (boxley) - (7)
                                 He's a US citizen. He should pay US taxes like other US citizens. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                     hate to agree with boxley, but - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                         I have two other passports besides my american one - (boxley)
                                         Fly in the ointment... - (hnick) - (2)
                                             Huh? *Any* resources? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 I seem to be out of date. - (hnick)
                                 Quote: "It's very hard to give up." So apparently he gets something out of it. -NT - (CRConrad)

> USE RUBBER PIPE ON DARL MONSTER
120 ms