IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He's a US citizen. He should pay US taxes like other US citizens.
That's what the law says.

Lots of people with US citizenship live abroad. They get benefits from having a US passport even if they don't think they're actively using it.

This isn't hard. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New hate to agree with boxley, but
...apparently the US government has lately been putting the squeeze on individuals who were born here of foreign nationals, or who were born abroad of US citizens but never lived here, and presumably never reaped the questionable benefits of life in this savage police state. In their position, I'd drop by the US embassy and renounce that identity in an Old York minute.

cordially,
New I have two other passports besides my american one
glad those two countries are not trying to gauge me for tax money, I can barely afford to pay taxes here.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Fly in the ointment...
Renouncing citizenship costs a lump sum of 40% of their assessment of your resources. You can't just flip them the bird and walk away.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Huh? *Any* resources?
If you're talking about resources *in the US*, then that's a perfectly normal equity tax[*]. (Perhaps a little arbitrarily assessed, for all I can tell, but still.)

Are you saying Rand's example of someone who happens to have US citizenship but has practically never set foot there, will have his resources *elsewhere* impounded upon renouncing his US citizenship?

Any sources on that?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)

[*]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_tax
New I seem to be out of date.
It appears to have been relaxed in 2008. Unsurprising, given the subservience to the rich. There is still an exit tax but there are a lot more loopholes in it now. I haven't the time or interest to read a bunch of IRS forms to be more specific. Sorry about that.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
     crock of IRS shizzit - (boxley) - (29)
         Meh. - (Another Scott) - (28)
             theft by any other name -NT - (boxley) - (27)
                 An inaccurate name. -NT - (Another Scott) - (26)
                     someone who doesnt work or live here and you want to steal his stuff -NT - (boxley) - (25)
                         Why does he maintain his U.S. citizenship? -NT - (drook) - (15)
                             so you didnt build that is now you didnt earn that? - (boxley) - (13)
                                 Born, yes, but gave up my German citizenship before I ever earned a penny. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     By god! - (rcareaga)
                                 You ask, you're the one has the problem with the taxes - (drook) - (10)
                                     okay, he doesnt want to pay to be a us citizen - (boxley) - (9)
                                         You know for a fact they're not taxed just like him? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                             most get paid in cash, how do you pay your illegals over there? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                                 Handwaving, non-answer, Retardican S.O.P. Honestly, have you no shame? - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                     illegal construction workers earn between 12-15 dollars per hour - (boxley) - (5)
                                                         Still no answer to any question above. What are you -- - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                             ? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 OK, sorry for being unclear: The same taxes as are being asked from him. - (CRConrad)
                                                                 OK, so can you now rewind upthread some four-five indent levels and start... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                     LRPD, ever assiduously parsing, even doggerel.. answers for him, - (Ashton)
                             Why indeed. - (static)
                         The rules say US citizens pay US income tax on their income. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                             what is he mooching exactly? health care or foodstamps? Maybe schooling or - (boxley) - (7)
                                 He's a US citizen. He should pay US taxes like other US citizens. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                     hate to agree with boxley, but - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                         I have two other passports besides my american one - (boxley)
                                         Fly in the ointment... - (hnick) - (2)
                                             Huh? *Any* resources? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 I seem to be out of date. - (hnick)
                                 Quote: "It's very hard to give up." So apparently he gets something out of it. -NT - (CRConrad)

Plan B, we'll retreat to the rave-cave and hope our tribal beats and epiliptic movements will cause the machines to commit suicide due to sheer irritation.
66 ms