IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Kudos and some grumbling over reports to date..
at least the kibitzers are literate, as the Standard Model predictions, recaps of the inertial-hammer & screw are dissected (in the pop-up blogs for each Topic.)

Kibitzers here seem disdainful of the performance (after 10 Years! in stasis..) and are already imputing some cover-ups within esa's offered interpretations of the first data releases; seems a bit pissy to me. After this long a wait and all those n! risks, I deem this attitude churlish; after all, the assumptions in overall design are today 13+ years out of date. Pity about the failures in harpoons, but such was well within the long-Odds, byotches.

Tonight on PBS, a reprise: To Catch a Comet. So far, some good pics, comments. Nice lab demo of sublimation (there was some surprise that a coma was forming this early on G.) They had to do a record-long burn to accelerate closure. Etc. Then the nascent coma stopped! Suspense..
One thing is unarguable: these Euro guys know how to compute celestial mechanics to a fare-thee-well; had a couple small things occurred with Curiosity's check-list ... well, you know.
New Re: how to compute
It helps to use only one system of measurements. In this case it's metric.

Furlongs per fortnight for speed and mousefarts for force might work also. But, I have my doubts. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Given that...
I consider myself lucky I can get the snowblower to fire up without having to take it apart to the de-ice the carburator, having some things not wanting to move after 10+ years in the ultimate deep freezer is not all that shabby.
     Rosetta and Philae comet landing - (pwhysall) - (20)
         I'm tuned in to XKCD for the live feed -NT - (drook)
         Cheering from the control room - (drook) - (3)
             It's down safe. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 According to XKCD ... - (drook)
                 Woot, woot, woot! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Can't wait until it's Onionized - (drook)
         NYT has usual brilliant graphics, pics of situation - (Ashton)
         Day 3 summary from Telegraph/UK - (Ashton) - (12)
             How to test the screws - (drook) - (8)
                 Tan 90° is handy for that, of course. - (Ashton) - (7)
                     "Soil Type: Hardness ranging from fluffy snow to basalt" - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         Quite interesting. Thank you. -NT - (hnick)
                         Is Rosetta close enough to get pics of Philae? Could it *get* close enough? - (drook) - (3)
                             Doesn't sound like that is part of the plan. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 They finally found Philae! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Best video game in the world -NT - (drook)
                         "I. Apathy and A. Peter" are boffins of the 'DIM' module" - (Ashton)
             Kudos and some grumbling over reports to date.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Re: how to compute - (a6l6e6x)
                 Given that... - (scoenye)

"Knowledge is power." - France is bacon.
47 ms