here. Earlier summary here.

Some pithy comments (Replies open @RH margin)

jlunine Ithaca, NY Yesterday
I second your point. NASA had a chance to do this first--the Comet Rendezvous and Astroid Flyby mission (CRAF) was designed to carry a penetrator to directly sample the nucleus of Comet Kopff. That mission was cancelled by Congress in 1992. There was to have been a second lander on Rosetta, named Champollion, jointly funded between the US and France, but NASA backed out of that one in 1996--leaving only the single lander, Philae. As a scientific co-investigator on both of those projects I can only say that NASA's role in Rosetta--contributions to three scientific instruments--was small at best. Today's success belongs to the Europeans.

[. . .]

Lawrence Eaton Los Angeles, CA Yesterday
From climate change to ISIS, all has lately seemed quite hopeless. Here is not only a reason to cheer, but a powerful reminder that science is our only hope for reversing the potential destruction of "life as we know it" being wrought by greed and ignorance. Go scientists! Now let's figure out how to inspire our children to achieve in science by making sure they understand that scientists are the only true superheroes.

[...]

David Brooklyn 11 hours ago
Did anyone notice the photo of three mission leaders embracing? Two men and a woman! To paraphrase, "one giant step for a woman and a giant leap for all of us." I hope every parent shows this photo to their daughters and sons. Somewhere Sally Ride is smiling.

Anti-intellectual US ain't new; now it's worse that (ever?? remains to be seen)
Because:

Southern Boy Spring Hill, TN 12 hours ago
The Bible is clear on the origins of the earth and the stars. I don't understand why man can't just accept that and go on. Spend all this money on something practical and truly useful rather than mere speculation.

[point-counterpoint]

curtis dickinson Worcester 12 hours ago
Incredible stuff. This science stuff juxtaposed with Christianity blows my mind. The more science links us to god, the beginning of everything, the easier it will be for the church to let go of the story of jesus and the bible. Makes me proud to be amongst this era of humanity.