but because he was beyond 'precocious' and into wunderkind and he had self-selected to really Learn other languages (including even some Sanskrit.) Had earned that status of truly-LIterate-beyond the dreams of most academics/assuredly beyond their 'graduated products'.
(Despite that--hooked-up with Kitty, a real-Test of any cohabitation!--he failed to ameliorate all those discords; still he always demonstrated genuine empathy, quite beyond the n-'nerd' stereotypes.)

And being too-Honest about all matters, within a USSR-grade show-trial guided by the likes of E. Teller and the worst security-snakes du jour: he was 'Tried' then, in conditions presaging the recent Security Theatre, our next-coming torture bestiality: making him a contemporary example, too.

I so anticipate seeing The Trial of Edward Snowman for the best Now-evaluation of the status of our burgeoning Securitat Stadt I can imagine.
(Conversely: would love to set my Tardis, filled with boffo $$$-Attorneys du jour: to hand the prosecutors of Oppie their heads.)

Ah well, as Rilke advises us, 'learn to love the Questions'.