IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My hypothesis is, that with a mind working on that scale, probably ceaselessly..
(but differing in powers from Our monkey-minds--as also rattle-on ceaselessly, much of the time)
there's an expected root-POV (!) that, folkways, mores are unimportant (yes, that's not apt to be wisdom..)
My experience around the brilliant is that a brilliant-creep is within the Gaussian--who knows how comparably to us mere mortals.

(That this may also mirror psychopathy--demonstrably not amoral but.. anti-moral?.. on that proposition I have no evidence either way.)
New social influence is lessened
There is less connection and dependence on those around them. They are used to flying solo. Socially maladjusted and emotionally disturbed is the norm. Sure, there are the exceptions, but they are rare, and it may take many years into later life before they discover the value of at least putting up with a bit of kindness those that they see as part of a different species. Not that I ever felt that way. ;-}
New I trusted Oppie, not because of his physics-organizational genius..
but because he was beyond 'precocious' and into wunderkind and he had self-selected to really Learn other languages (including even some Sanskrit.) Had earned that status of truly-LIterate-beyond the dreams of most academics/assuredly beyond their 'graduated products'.
(Despite that--hooked-up with Kitty, a real-Test of any cohabitation!--he failed to ameliorate all those discords; still he always demonstrated genuine empathy, quite beyond the n-'nerd' stereotypes.)

And being too-Honest about all matters, within a USSR-grade show-trial guided by the likes of E. Teller and the worst security-snakes du jour: he was 'Tried' then, in conditions presaging the recent Security Theatre, our next-coming torture bestiality: making him a contemporary example, too.

I so anticipate seeing The Trial of Edward Snowman for the best Now-evaluation of the status of our burgeoning Securitat Stadt I can imagine.
(Conversely: would love to set my Tardis, filled with boffo $$$-Attorneys du jour: to hand the prosecutors of Oppie their heads.)

Ah well, as Rilke advises us, 'learn to love the Questions'.
New Maybe
There are plenty of massive geniuses who aren't complete arseholes, though.
New With great ability...
... comes great ability to be an asshole.

I think very capable people are just very capable at everything, so the geniuses can be a genius at asshattery as well if so inclined. They can also be geniuses at being a nice person as well.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: With great ability...
Screw off... will ya?!

Yeah, I know. I'm not one that is in that class... but I sure try.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
     Feynman - brilliant but not a nice guy - (malraux) - (10)
         Thanks, I learned something new. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Sir Isaac Newton had a bad reputation, too. -NT - (static) - (1)
             Re: Sir Isaac Newton had a bad reputation, too. - (jake123)
         Re: Feynman - brilliant but not a nice guy - (dmcarls) - (6)
             My hypothesis is, that with a mind working on that scale, probably ceaselessly.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                 social influence is lessened - (crazy) - (1)
                     I trusted Oppie, not because of his physics-organizational genius.. - (Ashton)
                 Maybe - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     With great ability... - (malraux) - (1)
                         Re: With great ability... - (folkert)

Oh, you've got an umbrella. You've got a purse.
72 ms