IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: muscle cars and muddle cars
>>> " Throughout the decade, of course, the Japanese would gain market share..."

For further reading:

The Reckoning, David Halberstam (1986)

"Powerfully developing his thesis that the complacency and shortsightedness of American workers and their bosses, especially the automakers of Detroit, have led to a decline of industrial know-how so critical that Asian carmakers, particularly the Japanese, have virtually taken over the market, Halberstam tells in panoramic detail a story that is alarming in its implications. "

http://www.amazon.co...rds=the+reckoning
New A great book. They really should put out a new edition.
New (Mightn't it be too painful to read/thus 'sell'?)
New Thanks.. pretty unsurprising that Demming would be
blown-off by the Titans--those utterly--most in need of the analysis (but also 'Muricans'.)

Am a bit heartened when I have heard--a few times--of a CIEIO who welcomes, nay encourages al-punte feedback (implicitly: with no retaliation.)
Though I always wonder too: for how long can his/her ego sustain that policy? And will any subordinate really Believe that last clause??
     muscle cars and muddle cars - (rcareaga) - (36)
         *Fiat Lux Production; Ad-purveyors: peruse/weep lots. - (Ashton) - (9)
             What's in a name? Less than you'd think - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 well to be pedantic no marcha means the starter is gone -NT - (boxley)
                 Entertaining Snopes linky! Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Over here they've gone for "just plain stupid" - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Renault is ripping off the idea of VW Sirocco. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Isn't that flirting with a lawsuit from Nintendo? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                         Wii are not amused. -NT - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             ('Twas an unintendo-Nintendo; comprendo?) -NT - (Ashton)
                 It was..(whatever year) and, Then as Now: - (Ashton)
         Not very subtle rip-off - (drook) - (21)
             Car companies steal profiles all the time. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                 Confess.. - (Ashton) - (19)
                     Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Bargain! - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Doug Marker - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Ah yess.. had the Doug.. Sample Blast-from-the Past: - (Ashton)
                     I would! - (static) - (14)
                         Interestingly... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             I Love exponentials.. SOLD!! - (Ashton)
                         Now that the Three Stooges have been summoned... - (scoenye) - (11)
                             :-) I think he's seen it. - (Another Scott)
                             Site's being cranky today.. saw this a while back - (Ashton) - (9)
                                 Hammond was definitely on the edge of his abilities. - (static) - (8)
                                     Yah, saw it was a flashy puff-piece not a 'Race'.. pity. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                         And it had quirks he coudn't get on top of. - (static) - (1)
                                             Heh..'wrong-side' by Japanese layout, only; there's a story: - (Ashton)
                                         With that bunch you never know... - (scoenye) - (4)
                                             The producer has a hand in it. - (static) - (3)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Yes. It is, after all, and entertainment program. - (static)
                                                     Wow! nice link; lots of familiars there.. - (Ashton)
         Re: muscle cars and muddle cars - (dmcarls) - (3)
             A great book. They really should put out a new edition. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 (Mightn't it be too painful to read/thus 'sell'?) -NT - (Ashton)
             Thanks.. pretty unsurprising that Demming would be - (Ashton)

Interesting recipe. I’ve always just used bananas.
125 ms