IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's in a name? Less than you'd think
The Chevy "Nova" chestnut is debunked here with considerable energy and thoroughness by our good friends at snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.co...misxlate/nova.asp

cordially,
New well to be pedantic no marcha means the starter is gone
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Entertaining Snopes linky! Thanks.
New Over here they've gone for "just plain stupid"
Volkswagen up!
Vauxhall Mokka
Renault Wind
Nissan Leaf

If the idiocracy of the up! is too much, Seat will sell you the same car in the guise of the Seat Mii.

Which is far better, obv.
New Renault is ripping off the idea of VW Sirocco.
A particular kind of wind.

Also, Nissan Leaf is here too.
Alex
New Isn't that flirting with a lawsuit from Nintendo?
--

Drew
New Wii are not amused.
New ('Twas an unintendo-Nintendo; comprendo?)
New It was..(whatever year) and, Then as Now:
Perception is All.

[Dons, Here's the 5£ Argument you paid for-hat]
Snopes is being a bit pecksniffish to dismiss entirely the meme
--how do you count? "Didn't buy because why would I buy from a Mfg. this obtuse?"
--as to micro-accént-disassembly: is Snopes unaware that ANY word which (contains 2 or more sub-words) is grist for being examined for Ha-Ha's?
This is not just a Murican affliction (I more than wot, from some experience of Español-punsterism)
ALL play-with-words (except Repos, who merely seek to incorporate -Evil- within ordinary common ones. Stunted imaginations correlate with one-track-brains.)

Snopes' worthiest 'correction' I accept: that in-fact Chevy Didn't 'measure' any decline in sales because of this meme.
They could not count the no-shows, actually/obviously. I don't really care though, if the original assertion has less than sterling-truthiness:

It was still A Hoot (for those of us who will stoop to punniness long after Age 10.)
So.. it's a Win/Whine situation, eh?
     muscle cars and muddle cars - (rcareaga) - (36)
         *Fiat Lux Production; Ad-purveyors: peruse/weep lots. - (Ashton) - (9)
             What's in a name? Less than you'd think - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 well to be pedantic no marcha means the starter is gone -NT - (boxley)
                 Entertaining Snopes linky! Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Over here they've gone for "just plain stupid" - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Renault is ripping off the idea of VW Sirocco. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Isn't that flirting with a lawsuit from Nintendo? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                         Wii are not amused. -NT - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             ('Twas an unintendo-Nintendo; comprendo?) -NT - (Ashton)
                 It was..(whatever year) and, Then as Now: - (Ashton)
         Not very subtle rip-off - (drook) - (21)
             Car companies steal profiles all the time. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                 Confess.. - (Ashton) - (19)
                     Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Bargain! - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Doug Marker - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Ah yess.. had the Doug.. Sample Blast-from-the Past: - (Ashton)
                     I would! - (static) - (14)
                         Interestingly... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             I Love exponentials.. SOLD!! - (Ashton)
                         Now that the Three Stooges have been summoned... - (scoenye) - (11)
                             :-) I think he's seen it. - (Another Scott)
                             Site's being cranky today.. saw this a while back - (Ashton) - (9)
                                 Hammond was definitely on the edge of his abilities. - (static) - (8)
                                     Yah, saw it was a flashy puff-piece not a 'Race'.. pity. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                         And it had quirks he coudn't get on top of. - (static) - (1)
                                             Heh..'wrong-side' by Japanese layout, only; there's a story: - (Ashton)
                                         With that bunch you never know... - (scoenye) - (4)
                                             The producer has a hand in it. - (static) - (3)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Yes. It is, after all, and entertainment program. - (static)
                                                     Wow! nice link; lots of familiars there.. - (Ashton)
         Re: muscle cars and muddle cars - (dmcarls) - (3)
             A great book. They really should put out a new edition. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 (Mightn't it be too painful to read/thus 'sell'?) -NT - (Ashton)
             Thanks.. pretty unsurprising that Demming would be - (Ashton)

Sex.
124 ms