IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New would have been better off
giving it to people who don't need means it's going to get banked, or invested overseas.
New thats only 1% according to around here
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Ha ha, very funny.
No, seriously: 1) Who ever said that here? URL please, or shut the fuck up (preferably after apologising).

2) Yes, it could well be that many people wouldn't have needed (to immediately spend all of) it and just banked (most of) it. Still probably would have been easier to give it to everybody, because a) 't'would save a lot on triage and administration and handling of applications and b) 't'would be worth it to avoid idiotic objections like that. (For example the Nordic countries give child benefits to everyone regardless of income, partly precisely for reasons of not having people whining about how they "pay a heck of a lot in taxes and don't get anything for it".)
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Yup
Showed this to my wife: http://en.m.wikipedi...Maternity_package
She asked, "What the hell is wrong with us?"

Current contents: http://www.kela.fi/w.../maternitypackage
--

Drew
New government regulated baby shower /snark
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New What, where are the regulations on how to rejoice in it?
So, "snark" means "I've got nothing to say", does it...?

Hey, BTW, where's that URL, or why the fuck haven't you shut the fuck up?
--
Christian R. Conrad

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New snark, it's an expression, let me help you
http://www.urbandict...ne.php?term=snark
you see drook posted a link to
which had entries such as
The maternity package contains children's clothes and other necessary items, such as bedding, cloth nappies, gauze towels and child-care products. The current package is distributed approximately until the end of year 2013. You can collect the package online at Kela's eServices (only in Finnish).
Maternity package is not a commercial product and therefore Kela cannot sell it. It is available solely as a benefit offered under the Finnish social security system. The items it contains are sourced through a competitive bidding process complying with EU law.
just a sample of the the government speak.
from an examination of american custom turn to pffftt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_shower
Guests bring small gifts for the expectant mother. Typical gifts related to babies include diapers, blankets, baby bottles, clothes, and toys. It is common to open the gifts during the party.
hence my remark as the deliverables are quite similar, with the /snark was to ensure that future readers would be able to see the remark was made in jest. HTH!
New A "shower" means more the celebration than the kind of gifts
and B, that Wikipedia page is much more likely to have been written by a private citizen than any civil servant on the job; for one thing, I doubt an official KELA user account would go by the name "Bigshot" like the author of that article.

So, yes, thank you very much, I know that "snark" is *normally supposed* to mean "I'm making fun of this" -- but since you failed to do so, it apparently didn't mean that in this case.

HTH!
--
Christian R. Conrad

New since you failed to appreciate the humor I conveyed, it
in no way detracts from the fun I had when I posted it. Having had 3 baby showers in the tribe recently it does involve the baby clothes, bedding, diapers, toys so that the newborn shall not go in want until about their 2nd year (judging by the sheer volume of materiel that was listed)
New Not my failure: I saw none because there was none.
A psychopath may think he's "having fun" when he's cutting some little old lady's fingers off; that still doesn't make what he's doing "humourous".

Neither is your constant small-minded sniping against any social human tendencies.

Fun, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, not the perpetrator.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New you are German, there was no shouting or farting involved
of coarse you couldn't see any humor.
New Neither could anyone else...
see any humor, except you.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New So?
New That is the point. Period. It isn't/wasn't funny.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Is there a difference in your world ...
... between "regulated" and "provided as a benefit to all citizens"?
--

Drew
New ("...and non-citizen legal residents", AFAIK.)
New ignore dupe
Expand Edited by boxley Aug. 18, 2013, 10:22:26 AM EDT
New lincoln, for one
since about 1/3 of the country is on food stamps, 14% real unemployed, under employed or given up looking for work, 20k a year to pay for health insurance (greg) 1/8 of the population is illegal not too many would be baking the money overseas
http://forum.iwethey...8F0A?postid=91716
http://forum.iwethey...DE5?postid=103313
just a couple from the many. what percentage of the american population do you think is wealthy?
New How do you get from "the $700B the Repos want for the 1%"...
...to "only the richest 1% couldn't need some extra cash"?!?

Holy SHIT, how frustrating it is to try to have a sensible discussion with someone who is apparently, judging from the anmount of "sense" he makes (i.e, none at all), totally fucking stoned 24/7.

Aren't you even the leat bit ashamed of yourself for pulling this garble-de-gook bullshit all the time?
--
Christian R. Conrad

New so who doesnt need the extra cash according to you?
what annual income? Or should monthly payout matter as well? Show me what part or percentage of the population who would send it overseas?
     the solution, print more money - (boxley) - (22)
         ... and give it to Americans. -NT - (Another Scott) - (21)
             no, they are only doing the first part - (boxley) - (20)
                 would have been better off - (jake123) - (19)
                     thats only 1% according to around here -NT - (boxley) - (18)
                         Ha ha, very funny. - (CRConrad) - (17)
                             Yup - (drook) - (13)
                                 government regulated baby shower /snark -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                                     What, where are the regulations on how to rejoice in it? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                         snark, it's an expression, let me help you - (boxley) - (7)
                                             A "shower" means more the celebration than the kind of gifts - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                 since you failed to appreciate the humor I conveyed, it - (boxley) - (5)
                                                     Not my failure: I saw none because there was none. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                         you are German, there was no shouting or farting involved - (boxley) - (3)
                                                             Neither could anyone else... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                 So? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     That is the point. Period. It isn't/wasn't funny. -NT - (folkert)
                                     Is there a difference in your world ... - (drook) - (1)
                                         ("...and non-citizen legal residents", AFAIK.) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 ignore dupe -NT - (boxley)
                             lincoln, for one - (boxley) - (2)
                                 How do you get from "the $700B the Repos want for the 1%"... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     so who doesnt need the extra cash according to you? - (boxley)

Then again you wonder how certain people sign their names to anything and still choose to leave the house.
105 ms