IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New yes, not everyone needs to go to college
yet today's highschools tell every child that they must go to college, the kids expect to go to college even thought they dont have the temperament. As for union apprenticeships, who is going to pay for that? They are trying to destroy unions in this country.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Re: who is going to pay for that?
The apprentice pays for it by receiving lower wages until they're officially qualified. OJT often works out that way.
Alex
New College =/= 4 year College.
When Obama talks about College, he doesn't just mean 4 year schools.

Back to Shirky's post mentioned earlier - http://www.theawl.co...w-to-save-college

If you want to know what college is actually like in this country, forget Swarthmore, with 1500 students. Think Houston Community College, with 63,000. Think rolling admissions. Think commuter school. Think older. Think poorer. Think child-rearing, part-time, night class. Think 50% dropout rates. Think two-year degree. (Except don’t call it that, because most graduates take longer than two years to complete it. If they complete it.)

If you want to know what college is actually like in this country, skip Google Images, and scroll through the (still heartbreaking) We Are The 99 Percent Tumblr, looking for the keywords "student loan."

Railing against pointy-headed academics is missing the big picture these days.

Post high school education is important, for just about everyone.

Cheers,
Scott.
New what does the 2 year degree get you
other than having to explain the AA after your name doesn't necessarily mean you drink a lot
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New 1000+ hits for "associates degree" on Monster.com. HTH.
New 1,000+ "Monster Behind" jobs matched your search HTH
New Heh.
New hey this is fun
26 Monster Butt jobs matched your search
8 Food Hole jobs matched your search
New BUT!
The President of Wall Street is also NOT talking about resurrecting the union movement in this country. Which he'd have to concede if he weren't such a disingenuous ass is what really built the middle class in this country.
     Good speech tonight. - (Another Scott) - (31)
         no they dont - (boxley) - (25)
             well scoenye probably could -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I'm still working on the "un" part... -NT - (scoenye)
             A job is only part of life. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                 when was the last time you were on a campus? - (boxley) - (4)
                     There are bad code monkeys, too, but coding is still imp't. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Yeah, it's BAD - (crazy) - (2)
                         Meh. Same as it ever was. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             I have to tell you... - (folkert)
                 Remember when that was called "Vocational Education"? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                     what, people wont have to sh*t anymore? - (boxley) - (10)
                         Not my point. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                             yes, not everyone needs to go to college - (boxley) - (8)
                                 Re: who is going to pay for that? - (a6l6e6x)
                                 College =/= 4 year College. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     what does the 2 year degree get you - (boxley) - (4)
                                         1000+ hits for "associates degree" on Monster.com. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                             1,000+ "Monster Behind" jobs matched your search HTH -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 hey this is fun - (boxley)
                                     BUT! - (mmoffitt)
                     While your summary of 'The Murican Process' sounds paranoid - (Ashton)
             Re: no they dont - (lincoln) - (3)
                 A union guy taught me to weld and braze. - (hnick)
                 FIFY. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     FYFIFY - (folkert)
         Well, If I can't say something nice, -NT - (hnick) - (4)
             I guess you missed the best part. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Much better; more like reality. -NT - (hnick)
                 Or did you mean - (Ashton) - (1)
                     A great collection. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Now listen closely, for here the plot does twist.
149 ms