IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Old bosom buddies photos.
http://artofmanlines...f-male-affection/

In my unending search for just the right vintage images for our articles, I have looked through thousands of photographs of men from the last century or so. One of the things that I have found most fascinating about many of these images, is the ease, familiarity, and intimacy, which men used to exhibit in photographs with their friends and compadres.

I shared a handful of these images in our very early post on the history of male friendship, but today I wanted to share almost 100 more in order to provide a more in-depth look into an important and highly interesting aspect of masculine history: the decline of male intimacy over the last century.

[...]

(via Praveen Kulkarni on G+ - https://plus.google....posts/QJ9f71vymzL )

Cheers,
Scott.
New Urbane introspection at its best
Maybe the 'Americanization' effect, thus artificial distance imposed ... is another variant of, "Inner- VS Outer- Directed" personalities? in the pop-psych vernacular, anyway.

Kudoes to Mr. Kulkarni for a perspicuous find; few of us get to adolesce.. in more than one culture so, we can't tell if the execrable urge-to-conformity is handled as inanely as in the US.
(I'd surmise though, that the same pernicious after-effects of The Puritans manifests in all relationships and always its mechanism is the creation of yet more sanctimonious stereotypes.)

I can see the differences in today's folkways VS my earliest experience, aided by the great photographs;
'all touching' was not presumed to be related to orgasmic-fantasies. I'd guess that the largest alteration of traditional Murican judgmentalism shall happen next:
with the dilution of our Sea of Ignorance via ... ... dribbles from the entire Intarweb.

Living well Ridicule! is the best Revenge!

New memories of a new years eve
two old farts, one I worked with, brush cut squared away mechanic, the other was the proprietor of a second hand store. Bearded, longhair scruffy looking, slow dancing with each other while bawling their eyes out. Turns out that at the age of 17 they went ashore together at a place called Iwo Jima back in the day.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New I think men have been made afraid of their sexuality.
Which is a tragedy, of course. There is nothing to be afraid of.

Many gay men have already discovered this because unless they suppress it, they have to embrace it. And once you embrace something like that, you begin to understand it. Gays have the advantage that they can talk to other gay men in a sexual context about their sexuality. This is much harder for a straight man because it's not another man he wants to be intimate with but it's another man who he needs to hear advice from.

So it takes special circumstances for straight men to embrace their sexuality without fear or threat. Once they do, then they know how to easily distinguish between physical contact and physical intimacy. And then they can enjoy all the benefits of physical contact.

This is one more of those skills we've forgotten that we need to teach boys as they become men. I'll stop preaching now... :-)

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New Nicely summarized..

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
     Congratulations to the happy couple. - (Another Scott) - (18)
         Intellectually, I know that's entirely "normal" - (drook)
         I used to know a lot of gay guys . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Odd - (crazy)
         awwww - (crazy)
         The two guys next door on the south side... - (folkert) - (2)
             Either it's broken - (crazy) - (1)
                 Nah... its not broken. - (folkert)
         I like this one - (pwhysall)
         I will never understand why this is a big deal. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             its a small step towards equality - (boxley) - (3)
                 This. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     That. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         T'other. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Old bosom buddies photos. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Urbane introspection at its best - (Ashton) - (3)
                 memories of a new years eve - (boxley)
                 I think men have been made afraid of their sexuality. - (static) - (1)
                     Nicely summarized.. -NT - (Ashton)

Surreptitious semblances scamper surrealistically, strewing scabrous solecisms, simpering sophistry - striving sententiously - still, scintillating serendipity seems South. Zymotic, yellowish xeroxed vellums unsatisfactorily trumpet simple rationales: querulous ponderings of nebulous musings. Let knaves justly invoke hoary genuflection, for early doth craven biliousness atrophy.
48 ms