IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I just realized I never answered your question.
And I still won't. ;0)

The best advice I could give you is talk to an orthopedic physician as well as your neuro-guy. I don't know how they do things everywhere, but up here people go see one or the other. I went ortho and didn't regret it. YMMV and likely will. I had to have the surgery - I couldn't sit in a car long enough to get to work and certainly not more than 1 to 2 minutes at a desk in front of a computer. I'm sorry I can't be more help, but this really is an individual decision. FWIW, I've been told that they are beginning to experiment with the artificial disks in the lumbar that they've been using for a while in the C-spine area (haven't looked it up but if that's true, I might go back under for that - most of my lumbar disks are obliterated).

In any case, yoga actually does help - especially the Upward Dog position. I do that whenever I feel my back starting to tighten up and it really does help.
New Couldn't do upward dog until yesterday
I've got to say, as much as Big Pharma is a lying cesspool of evil, the right drug for the right reason is fucking magic. I took the first nerve drug -- Lyica -- last night. A half-hour later I was completely pain free and able to stand up straight for the first time in 9 days.
--

Drew
New Re: Couldn't do upward dog until yesterday
That one's for fibromyalgia too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Saw that on the labeling ... have you used it?
--

Drew
New Re: Saw that on the labeling ... have you used it?
No, I don't actually have FM.

I have a high avoidance to taking neuro medicines too. Too many side effects.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Oh, I don't plan on using it forever
I don't believe in lifestyle meds. I want something to treat acute symptoms, fix the underlying problem, then stop taking it. Given the choice between surgery and a daily med, I'll let them cut.
--

Drew
New Didn't do much for me.
My regular doc gave me a scrip for that while I was waiting for my surgery because I was bitching that the Vicodin was useless. It didn't do much, but apparently I was really a mess inside the spine. Glad it worked for you.
New Probably a dosage issue
I have a bottle of gabapentin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin) from the old days when I popped pain meds like candy.

The only reason they invented Lyrica was becuase the patent was running out and they needed their next brand name drug in the family for the diabetes patients (their extremities can be in agony). Of course, at that point, the Pfizer salepeople sold it to everyone for everything.

1 did nothing. Nothing at all. WFT the fuck was those stories about, people waking up in a ditch after driving home from work under it (my sister in law).

So I did 2.

I woke up 2 days later.

Must have been a fluke.

I do it again. And wake up 2 days later.

No, I don't think I'll be doing this stuff again.

Like I said, I have a bottle of it.
New Do NOT drive no matter how clearheaded you feel.
That drug has an affect like an avalanche when you hit a certain dosage.
New Thanks for the tip
I was planning to do more research over the weekend.
--

Drew
     In case you wondered, hernieated disks SUCK - (drook) - (33)
         ouch! major suckage -NT - (boxley)
         Dude, I've felt your pain. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
             The tough decision - (drook) - (26)
                 I no advice, there.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Re: I no advice, there.. - (dmcarls) - (1)
                         Sure they can stay this way - (drook)
                 I threw my back out a couple of months ago... - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     Re: before / after - (drook) - (1)
                         Understood. Good luck. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     On pain... - (dmcarls) - (5)
                         :-) J's father said his was "15" once. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I've heard a relative say "11". - (static) - (3)
                                 On Wednesday right before the shot I said I was about a 4 - (drook) - (2)
                                     Louis CK Pain Chart. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Excellent -NT - (drook)
                 In November I had a lumbar laminectomy - (hnick) - (3)
                     Yeah, speaking of Vicodin ... - (drook) - (1)
                         cool. let me know. - (hnick)
                     Seconded. - (mmoffitt)
                 I just realized I never answered your question. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     Couldn't do upward dog until yesterday - (drook) - (8)
                         Re: Couldn't do upward dog until yesterday - (malraux) - (3)
                             Saw that on the labeling ... have you used it? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                 Re: Saw that on the labeling ... have you used it? - (malraux) - (1)
                                     Oh, I don't plan on using it forever - (drook)
                         Didn't do much for me. - (hnick) - (1)
                             Probably a dosage issue - (crazy)
                         Do NOT drive no matter how clearheaded you feel. - (crazy) - (1)
                             Thanks for the tip - (drook)
         Very little is as painful as back pain - (malraux)
         Can't comment on other's pain - (crazy) - (2)
             Hadn't thought about the insurance aspect ... good point - (drook) - (1)
                 Maybe it'll be moot tomorrow... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)

Ya got trouble, folks!
60 ms