IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In November I had a lumbar laminectomy
I had a synovial cyst on my spinal chord (about the same place as yours) that compressed the nerves going to my feet and I couldn't walk properly and the pain was excruciating. Vicodin has absolutely no effect on nerve pain by the way. There was also some stenosis. I was in the OR for 3 hours and went home the same day. When I was still in the medical dodge, a lumbar lam kept the subject in the hospital for several days to a week. It's gotten way better.
My results have been excellent. It's only been since November, so I can't speak to long term results. I thought my surgeon was excellent, if you want his name or maybe for a second opinion. You really should have a second opinion. Surgeons are surgeons because they like to cut.
Good luck with the pain. It rarely gets better on its own.
New Yeah, speaking of Vicodin ...
Why the hell would anyone take this stuff recreationally? Aside from not doing a damn thing for the nerve pain -- by the way, thanks for confirming that -- I didn't feel anything except possible sleepiness. And maybe some excessively vivid dreams, though with the amount of time I spent drifting in and out of (bad) sleep, it's hard to say what those were from.

I'll definitely hit you up for your doc's name for a second opinion if it comes to that. I've been researching, and I see the outpatient endoscopic procedures. I didn't know that existed. Maybe not as much to worry about, with a good chance of relief.
--

Drew
New cool. let me know.
usernameATatt.net
New Seconded.
I was fortunate in that a fellow pilot had just had the operation himself by the same physician. I was down for about 2 days after the surgery (apparently, I was in much worse shape than my buddy - he got up and walked out post op). Ditto on the Vicodin for me - doubled up the dosage and I still couldn't sit up. But, like I said, I've been virtually pain free ever since. It's a tough call and every case is different. I wouldn't tell you that you should have surgery. It's just that I had a TON of people telling me not to do it and they turned out to be wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is keep your options open. And definitely get multiple opinions.

Good Luck!
     In case you wondered, hernieated disks SUCK - (drook) - (33)
         ouch! major suckage -NT - (boxley)
         Dude, I've felt your pain. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
             The tough decision - (drook) - (26)
                 I no advice, there.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Re: I no advice, there.. - (dmcarls) - (1)
                         Sure they can stay this way - (drook)
                 I threw my back out a couple of months ago... - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     Re: before / after - (drook) - (1)
                         Understood. Good luck. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     On pain... - (dmcarls) - (5)
                         :-) J's father said his was "15" once. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I've heard a relative say "11". - (static) - (3)
                                 On Wednesday right before the shot I said I was about a 4 - (drook) - (2)
                                     Louis CK Pain Chart. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Excellent -NT - (drook)
                 In November I had a lumbar laminectomy - (hnick) - (3)
                     Yeah, speaking of Vicodin ... - (drook) - (1)
                         cool. let me know. - (hnick)
                     Seconded. - (mmoffitt)
                 I just realized I never answered your question. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     Couldn't do upward dog until yesterday - (drook) - (8)
                         Re: Couldn't do upward dog until yesterday - (malraux) - (3)
                             Saw that on the labeling ... have you used it? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                 Re: Saw that on the labeling ... have you used it? - (malraux) - (1)
                                     Oh, I don't plan on using it forever - (drook)
                         Didn't do much for me. - (hnick) - (1)
                             Probably a dosage issue - (crazy)
                         Do NOT drive no matter how clearheaded you feel. - (crazy) - (1)
                             Thanks for the tip - (drook)
         Very little is as painful as back pain - (malraux)
         Can't comment on other's pain - (crazy) - (2)
             Hadn't thought about the insurance aspect ... good point - (drook) - (1)
                 Maybe it'll be moot tomorrow... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)

Freud would have wanted it this way.
55 ms