Solipsism does seem to be a significant part of the titration of Murica's fav Kool-Aid™, though I've yet to submit a sample of that for analysis.

As to being British ...
For all of Blighty's foibles, few can match the Sargasso Sea of our local ones, ever since the Massacree of the unCivil war
(as still festers in Southern Parts of this disUnited mosh-pit of Mental-States.

I'll continue to envy those within the Sceptered Isle, if for no provable constellation of virtues, say--then because,
it is far(-enough) distant from our mouldering Has-been fanatical waste-makers/Consumers of ... Anything within reach,
regardless of how that affliction affects the entire bloody planet's chances for recovery
(from that pure-greed, originally spawned/marketed! by U.S. as a Good thing.)
And besides, Stevenage exists there:

Just found in basement two B/W prints of the Thought Police, kindly sent to me by, ASSOCIATED BRITISH PICTURE CORP, from their 1984 flic.
The Ministry of Truth is the perfect background!
Their worthies were equipped, on-screen, with a bevy of Series D machines (the last Vincents/with fairings), here shown close-up.
Looks as if they merely removed the Perspex tops of the front windscreen, made some mudguards with long side-valences, and stenciled a few numbers.
Will try to scan-in and find a way to post these.. anon.

Believe the VOC (owner's club) volunteered for the bit-parts; I may have corresponded with a rider or two, years before: these were not young-uns!
(If you see any of the 42p postage stamps about, Officially commemorating the Black Shadow--please nab me one. eh?)
I have the sorta 'First Day' enlargement (post-card size) of the stamp with that familiar machine, rendered in surprising detail. In colour!

Ta,