IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: DVD burning.
DVD-R...That is EXACTLY the thingie I'm looking for!!!!

Now, if Google comes through, I can get some reviews on drives, look into getting "Studio 7" by Pinnacle Software, and have a go at it...

OR I could just be smart right off the bat and get a G4 iMac with the SuperDrive already built in.

(Still gotta figure out how to run the cost past the "wife roadblock!)
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New *grin*
I can guess why DVD-R has been de-emphasised: the great unwashed have trouble coming to terms with Wrote Once media.

Little story: I burnt a CD for my sister with some pictures on it for her to get them to the computer lab where she is doing her Graphic Design course (they're Macs and we both have PCs). The concept that "once it's written, that's it!" took some explaining. Multi-session to the rescue? Well, yes, except that you have to make the first session multi-session, too. D'oh! She discovered the Macs also have Zip drives so I unearthed a Zip disk for her. This also gives her the advantage that she can bring work home.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New How to convince...
Are you within reasonable distance of one of the Apple stores? Maybe a demo of how you could create a DVD in ten minutes might help to sway opinion. Rock up there with some footage on the camera and they'd probably let you do it on the spot. 'Specially if there's a sale in it for them :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Connecting a camcorder - (lincoln) - (14)
         Forgot a point - (lincoln) - (7)
             Let me take a shot - (tjsinclair) - (6)
                 Another option - (altmann)
                 Nit - there are some digital 8 mm camcorders. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Thanks for the correction - (tjsinclair)
                     Hope I'm not too late... - (screamer) - (2)
                         How do I contact you? - (lincoln) - (1)
                             Sent you an email about 3 hours ago... - (screamer)
         DVD burning. - (static) - (4)
             Don't own any Apple products - (lincoln)
             Re: DVD burning. - (lincoln) - (2)
                 *grin* - (static)
                 How to convince... - (Meerkat)
         Praise from "Dr. Mac" - (lincoln)

The rest of the nutzo stuff du jour.
66 ms