IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So it's Twitter's fault, not that he's a perv. Got it.
New Nah, the pregnancy made him do it.
http://www.balloon-j.../#comment-2627131

Seriously, that might have played into it if these actions just started in the last few months. But apparently they didn't.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not the point.
The point is that he IS a perv, and one who doesn't understand the technology he was using.

Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Working as designed.
Facebook and Twitter aren't designed to be understood by the users. They're designed to easily and quickly share as much "monetize-able" information about users as possible. I haven't used either, but it would seem to me that it would be trivial for the distinction between public posting and private posting to be made obvious to virtually eliminate Wenis errors like these. E.g. different screen background colors for public and private posts (like different virtual terminal colors for SU sessions). The user doesn't need to understand the technology; the people who build it need to understand their users' needs if they're really interested in protecting their information.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New True enough.
For most free services the users are the product, not the customer.
New Correct.
The website owners of both have no real interest in "fixing" this potential privacy hole. They're happy to appear to be fixing it, but they'd really rather not.

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
New Very nicely put.
They're [Facebook and Twitter] designed to easily and quickly share as much "monetize-able" information about users as possible.

That's the most succinct description I've ever read. Well done.
New Right...and that adds up to "he's an idiot"
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Beats going to brothels to wear diapers
before having sex with hookers over a multi-year time frame, all while married and running as a "family values" candidate.

Explain to me again why Sen. Vitter (R-LA) hasn't done the honorable thing and resigned?

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New dunno
and another shining example of you justifying poor behavior as reasonable behavior, just like my 2 year old does..."he did it too!"
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New I disagree
what he's really doing is outlining the stark difference between the two institutions in getting their members to live up to their stated principles.
New Re: dunno
When have I ever defended Weiner's behavior in this community?

Man up and stop spewing bullshit.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New 46922
Defense through rationalization.

His behavior is better than (the other his) behavior.
New Attack through imagination
FAIL on Beep's part. Feel free to try again with some posts on my part that have an actual "defense" of his act.

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Nice try
But you rationalized his act as " not so bad" by comparison. That is defense, even if a poor one.
New Re: Nice try
Sending dick pix to women he's never met vs. visiting hookers in Nawlins & DC while married and running as a "family values" politician.

Yeah, anyone with a brain would say that Congressman Weiner's situation was "not so bad" by comparison.

-- E.L. Doctorow
New yeah, not as bad as spitzer, you're right
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Yar
smartass gene was working overtime yesterday.
     How Twitter's design undid Weiner's briefs - (malraux) - (18)
         So it's Twitter's fault, not that he's a perv. Got it. -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (17)
             Nah, the pregnancy made him do it. - (Another Scott)
             Not the point. - (malraux) - (15)
                 Working as designed. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     True enough. - (Steve Lowe)
                     Correct. - (static)
                     Very nicely put. - (mmoffitt)
                 Right...and that adds up to "he's an idiot" -NT - (beepster) - (9)
                     Beats going to brothels to wear diapers - (lincoln) - (8)
                         dunno - (beepster) - (7)
                             I disagree - (jake123)
                             Re: dunno - (lincoln) - (5)
                                 46922 - (beepster) - (4)
                                     Attack through imagination - (lincoln) - (3)
                                         Nice try - (beepster) - (2)
                                             Re: Nice try - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                 yeah, not as bad as spitzer, you're right -NT - (boxley)
                 Yar - (Steve Lowe)

A user complaining that Facebook doesn't work well is like a cow complaining that the slaughterhouse doesn't work well.
136 ms