IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I will consider it
once I get my Linux box up and running. I'll have to crack open those old Turbo Pascal manuals of mine and do a refresher course in Pascal. :)

I tried that link, and I was told it didn't exist. Either my ISP puked on me, or Borland is having a bad day?

So what I will do, is once I find the time I will write it in VB first (gag) and then port the code to C++, or Pascal/Kylix later. I am usually good at porting code from one language to another, I used to do that a lot in college when I took different language courses but the instructors wanted to solve the same problems. I mean why reinvent a good function in another language from scratch when the analysis and design had already been done in another language?

So far, I haven't started it, but I expect to get into the analysis and design phase before I start coding. Once I finish that, I can start into any language I choose.

Refresh my memory, my medicine has changed a lot recently, what was that offer for free consulting for, to learn Delphi/Kylix?

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New Got Kylix off of Borland.com
But McAfee complained that it had a virus in the TAR file. Boggle! Must be a false positive. Borland sent me the serial key in email, anything I create with the Open Edition has to be GPL from my understanding.

I'm also considering [link|http://www.freepascal.org|Free Pascal] I think someone mentioned a Delphi like IDE named Lazarus for it. Free Pascal can be ported to OS/2, BeOS, and other platforms.

At this point, a VB version would be easiest. Then convert it later to other languages.

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New Yup, that was it. (Goes for most everybody here, too.)
     Easy season for open source - (brettj) - (17)
         A friend of my isn't pleased with GnuCash... - (Simon_Jester) - (16)
             MoneyDance - (addison) - (15)
                 Vance can't dance but he'll steal your money! - (orion) - (14)
                     So? - (addison) - (7)
                         What I know now? - (orion) - (6)
                             So^2? - (addison) - (5)
                                 First thing first - (orion) - (4)
                                     Triage is fine. - (addison)
                                     Just Do It - (mhuber) - (2)
                                         If I get the time I'll do it - (orion) - (1)
                                             Make the time. - (addison)
                     Go for it, Norm! Here's what to use: - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         I will consider it - (orion) - (2)
                             Got Kylix off of Borland.com - (orion)
                             Yup, that was it. (Goes for most everybody here, too.) -NT - (CRConrad)
                         CR: - (tseliot) - (1)
                             Quit merlining, you merlinous merlin! -NT - (CRConrad)

Hail Eris.
75 ms