IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just Do It
Doing things will make you feel better.

I'm not going to get into the technical aspects, but after mucking about in VB for a while learning Perl was a delight. You can get some nice results quickly if you just learn a few of the basics and get going. And don't even look at the one-liner write-only wizard code.

Perl will run even if you have a hamster-wheel powered computer and your hamster is sick. And the price is right.

I'm not saying Perl is the ultimate language. I'm just saying coding in Perl makes me feel good. And there are a million open source projects out there that are just a simple little Perl script that you can easily tweak without being a major expert on the language.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New If I get the time I'll do it
I got to resolve my Windows 2000 Server system first, which is really ticking me off.

I'll get the basic data structure the data to be used and have it be a simple program to balance a checkbook and keep track of bills and stuff. That is most of what everyone wants anyway.

Once I get it out of beta, I can look into the open source licensing to use. GPL or BSD? I'll need a way to make some money off of it, but not become the next Bill Gates. Maybe $5 to $10 a license would be good?

Once it goes open source I can make it export and import the data, create reports, etc.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New Make the time.
Once I get it out of beta, I can look into the open source licensing to use. GPL or BSD?

You'll probably want to think about that before hand, but that's when you start getting ready to let people see it.

Don't sweat that, its down the road. Triage. Its not critical that THAT choice be made NOW.

I'll need a way to make some money off of it,

First, start making some time, start writing it, and then worry about that. :)

Triage.

Its like eating an elephant. If you look at the whole elephant, you're staggered at how much. But if you go at it bite by byte (haw haw), you can do it.

Don't worry about the stuff that's not important yet.

Addison
     Easy season for open source - (brettj) - (17)
         A friend of my isn't pleased with GnuCash... - (Simon_Jester) - (16)
             MoneyDance - (addison) - (15)
                 Vance can't dance but he'll steal your money! - (orion) - (14)
                     So? - (addison) - (7)
                         What I know now? - (orion) - (6)
                             So^2? - (addison) - (5)
                                 First thing first - (orion) - (4)
                                     Triage is fine. - (addison)
                                     Just Do It - (mhuber) - (2)
                                         If I get the time I'll do it - (orion) - (1)
                                             Make the time. - (addison)
                     Go for it, Norm! Here's what to use: - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         I will consider it - (orion) - (2)
                             Got Kylix off of Borland.com - (orion)
                             Yup, that was it. (Goes for most everybody here, too.) -NT - (CRConrad)
                         CR: - (tseliot) - (1)
                             Quit merlining, you merlinous merlin! -NT - (CRConrad)

Billion people harvest on Mars.
46 ms