IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Still believing your insurance company ... that's so sweet
ACA didn't mandate that your deductible should go up. Your insurance provider decided that. They said that it was because of the ACA. It's possible that's true, and they're not just taking the opportunity to ratchet prices up and services down while pointing the finger at someone else. You typically find insurance companies to be trustworthy?
why are you determined that mandating more stuff will save money?
I'm pleased that their analysis shows we can cover more people and still save money. But their analysis says what it says, independent of what I may like. I'm not saying the OMB reports ACA will save money because I want it to be true. I'm saying that because that's what they're actually reporting. And you still haven't offered any analysis that says otherwise.

All of which is completely separate from the fact that I think we should be covering everybody anyway, even if it costs more.
--

Drew
New what insurance company, we dont have one
self insured means that the company sets aside x amount of dollars for annual coverage. That x pool had to be larger than last year and service had to be reduced directly because of government mandate. Quit trying to pretend that this plan saves money and increases coverage. Dont you remember shrub fudge packing the same numbers with medicare when he was in office then firing the guy who let the real numbers get out?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Primary point ignored
Not missed, you are too smart for that.

YOUR EMPLOYER WILL PAY MORE FOR HEALTH COSTS THIS YEAR.
AND NEXT YEAR TOO.
And guess what?
They are currently paying less than most since they are big enough to be self-insured.
I know, I used to work for one. It was great.
They probably pay an administrative fee to a insurance company so they handle the paperwork, but it is way different than most.
And ya know something?
When you get sick and your plan doesn't cover something, you can bitch straight to the company and get an answer, rather than get lost in the f'ing insurance customer "service" queue.

So what?
As said, Apples and Oranges.

Industry specific. You are on the high end of coverage.

Let's now talk about Walmart's employees, shall we?

Nah, why bother? They are merely there to serve you. They are interchangeable. They are not worthy of seeing a doctor when they get sick, and don't even think about any expensive treatments for them. By the time they are diagnosed, it's probably already quickly fatal, so not much cost to the government if we manage to get them to die quickly, right?

There, done the real work for you, fleshed out the units to assign the costs to. Ok Another, as long as he fills out the numbers you'll look at them.

Hey Box, you might be right, your plan might be much cheaper. Just fill out the numbers based on my "assumptions" and see how much you save.
     Another Day, Another Premium Spike in Response to Obamacare - (boxley) - (47)
         Anchoring - (drook) - (42)
             You forgot one - (jay)
             from the comments - (boxley) - (40)
                 Gosh, a clever phrase ... then it *must* be true -NT - (drook) - (39)
                     common sense, how does that work? -NT - (boxley) - (38)
                         It works by consulting the OMB - (drook) - (37)
                             Net savings - (beepster) - (25)
                                 Translation ... - (drook) - (24)
                                     Wrong wrong wrong - (beepster) - (23)
                                         Changing the subject - (drook) - (22)
                                             dude. - (beepster) - (21)
                                                 More words please - (drook)
                                                 "Throw away the regulations and we'll have paradise!" - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                                     Sigh - (beepster) - (18)
                                                         Heh. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                                             No, I'm not - (beepster) - (16)
                                                                 Yeah, you're not. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                     Re: Yeah, you're not. - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                         Back atcha. See #41312. -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                             Incorrect assumption there - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                                 Horse's mouth. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                     Figured you would go here - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                         Too much straw! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                             The one that - (beepster)
                                                                                 Oh, one more thing. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                     oh, the more spending and debt is good guy - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                         Strawman much? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                             Re: Strawman much? - (lincoln)
                                                                                     So he's saying - (beepster)
                                                                 Key point missed - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         Note on lowest cost checkmarks - (crazy)
                             guess the insurance companies didnt read the OMB -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                                 OMB says it saves money - (drook) - (9)
                                     go back to the earlier comment - (boxley) - (6)
                                         It *doesn't* cost more - (drook) - (5)
                                             fek omb - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 Apples and Oranges, and you know it. - (Another Scott)
                                                 Still believing your insurance company ... that's so sweet - (drook) - (2)
                                                     what insurance company, we dont have one - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Primary point ignored - (crazy)
                                     Re: OMB says it saves money - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                         As I said to Beep above ... - (drook)
         Nope. - (malraux) - (2)
             Dammit - (drook) - (1)
                 Makes you wonder, doesn't it. -NT - (malraux)
         I Love this thread.. - (Ashton)

All Your Basic Auth... no, I just can't do it...
68 ms