{{chortle}}

(in her case, "those big Men in Washington who know more than ordinary people could" cha. cha. cha.)

Alas, I was an unarmed tyke and my dialup was ... about as long as the string.
But when I looked at a couple of her pamphlets (once doggedly wading through a half-inch thick Monument of turgidity entitled, The Bricker Amendment
[I can still recall the cheesy-paper institutional-pea-green cover of this thing printed by the USG Printing Office])
-- I kept reading slogans already heard from her via those other bastions of Conservative Reactionary cant, American Opinion aka The John Birch Society.

The bedtime story that just wouldn't Quit ... boring. And ditto, well-beyond tykehood: still devoid of anything lasting.. except colorful vitriolic phrases, mostly *ad-hominems.
* Some do not accept ad hominens as the sense does not admit of the plural -- but clearly the enemy of the Reactionary ever was: all who were otherwise.

So then, where you Stand isn't necessarily just where you Sit -- maybe it's where your mindset goes for the daily comfort of that doctrine thing, that Certainty-of-POV reinforced by beloved tautologies?
Aum Mane Padme Hmmm

(Of course too, in Econ, "every new Surprise!" neither predicted (nor prepared-for even as a what-if) happens in unique circumstances:
it never quite happened before, exactly.) But who, I ask, does not cringe a little (or a lot) when those Norse folk bestow a prize -- every bloody year!? -- for "Economic Science" ??