IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Went to a funeral today
At least, today was the 2nd half. TL's cousin. Shot in the head. 21 years old. Driver, someone leaned in and shot both him and his brother. Wrong place, wrong time.

The priest said that as all Catholics know, they get to experience him each time they have communion. That's right, not only is he the gateway to heaven, if you want some solace concerning your dead kids, you come on down and get communion.

First he tells them that if someone says they'll get over it, smack them in the head because you won't. It'll suck, it'll suck bad, it'll suck forever, you'll never get over it, the pain will be with you forever, it'll be a horrible dark hole.

But that's OK.

Because he's with Christ now, and if you want to experience him, just be with Christ too.

You'll feel great. Of course, if you don't get communion (ie: follow the rules, dammit), not only are you going to hell, you will lose you contact with your newly dead beloved child right now.

So get in line, dammit. No questions allowed.

And you wonder why I say: Whatta bunch of f'ing morons to accept this level of control over their lives, for a promise based on a politically constructed bible, hundreds of years after JCs death? Then turned into a death machine over the centuries.

Whenever a priest repeats a lie in church, like "Forgive them father for they know not what they do" or "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.", I shake my head, and wonder, what lie will be told next to rile them up and get them into war mode?

Multiple conflicting stories written by different people with different goals. The incredibly wondrous stuff was made up by Peter. He had a church to start, dammit.

You know who I trust on this stuff? Bible scholars at major universities who started really religious, learned the core languages, reviewed the original material, and got so depressed they became suicidal since they realize their entire life purpose was based on bullshit. And then write books about it and are interviewed on NPR.

Anyone else with a personal story about how wonderful the church could be, and is, if just we'd let it do the right things, and if we didn't have an evil pope it would be much better. Like when we had John. FU. John didn't deal with the pedophiles, and he let the guys in Mexico run wild because they had a good funding base. It is a corrupt organization, and unfixable. It is based on a lie, and then used by a variety of people for their own purposes, most of them bad.

On the other hand, it was a funeral. That meant I was prepared to kneel down next to a coffin if that is what the occasion demanded. Funerals are for the survivors, and if that moment their "true belief" gave them a bit of comfort, who the fuck was I to cause them any pain at all. Including the slightest moment of wondering "does that guy belong".

Didn't have to though. Good.

Hey, anyone out there religious? You are a true believer? Good for you. Now go smoke some DMT, get the same chemical mix you get during those rapturous moments, feel close to your god of choice, and get over the fact it's an f'ing chemical mix that hits your brain and make you FEEL god.

And get over it!

Heard an interesting conversation. My somewhat Catholic niece was talking about her home schooled daughter. The only other home schooled kids in the area are some other Christan religion. She was trying to setup a play group, and the other mom was 100% church focused.

Kid: Will I get to play with the other kids?
Mom: I dunno honey, they are different. They believe different things.
Kid: Like what?
Mom: (Outline the various Catholic, personal, etc VS other beliefs.)
Kid: (momentarily stunned), well, do they at least believe in Christ?
Mom: Oh YEAH!
Kid: Then they're ok. We just don't have to talk about the things we disagree on.

My viewpoint in a nutshell. No matter how different the warring Christian sects are, no matter how much they are at each other's throats, if they ever feel threatened, they can always band together against the outsiders.

Like me. And her grandfather.

I wonder what happens when she realizes her grandfather is going to hell?
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 4, 2010, 04:54:43 PM EDT
New I dont need to waste money on DMT do it without
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Yeah, but
You depend on an external influence that is way out of your control, wants to control your life in great detail, and when you want to stop, they have their hooks into your whole family.

DMT == 15 minutes of the god of your choice, and a deep acceptance of the depth of feeling crazy religious people have. You just know WHY now.
New sorry, the democrats are not a religion
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Our ignorance is monstrously-LARGE.
Even in current contemplations of an 11-dimensional cosmos
(plus [n+1] and exponentially-rising petabytes of stored mouth-noises from throughout the centuries)
-- the Two Mysteries remain as inaccessible to our febrile mind-fluff as when the cave drawings were fresh.

One: that there is ANYTHING. At all.
Two: that there is a creature capable of both self-awareness (to some minuscule degree) AND of wondering w.t.F. it Came From.

And all the rest is *talk..
-- Carousel / Oscar Hammerstein II

* {wishful.. VS fearful.. Pontiff-ically invented-from-whole-'cloth'?}

All I know fer-not-so-shure, is:

I asked Cthulhu {or by any-other-named Thing 'Listening'} for a reprieve for my irreplaceable cat, Squeak:
near-fatally injured by an overdose of a dangerous NSAID Vet-experiment {litigation and/or settlement pending, shortly.}
At that time, a few days after this event about which I had been denied prior knowledge
-- 3 vets, queried by my neighbor and given the 3 crucial blood #s … each and all said in similar words:
'almost certainly fatal.. soon'.

Omitting clinical details involving subcutaneous lavage: #s got even worse after a day or two, {the one on which I 'asked'}
then … the trend reversed over successive days. Over several days Squeak's blood #s returned to
~~ level before this 'insult' [the official' word', in pathology!]
A second lab result confirmed the first, and no vet had an 'explanation'.

From January through ~ mid-June, he was almost completely normal save for an occasional 'tic', head-shake as might be a neurological sign or.. not much at all.
So maybe 'God' is Love? or

Then, in June came vomiting and similar signs of kidney failure. Retry of lavage drill failed.
He died on my lap 5:30 AM July 4, almost exactly one year after his first symptoms of the Insult had appeared, one day after a 'routine tooth extraction'.

Did I 'get' a Reprieve for Squeak?
'Reprieve' … a word intentionally not also freighted with a duration-wish (!?) is not cure, (that which is usually 'tried for'?)

Damned if I 'Know'.
I had relished each of those free-days, without any concept of duration allowed-into mentation.
It seemed that Squeak, the officially-miracle-cat was doing fine.
Even as the 'miracle' expired, it seemed it had been Enough -- both for Squeak and for me.
Quality not quantity, and those days were ones in which real Attention passed between us.
Couldn't possibly explain, even if I wanted to.

See? We don't know SHIT about anything but trivial-detail stuff about the visible and mundane, as of 5/6 of the way through 2010.
And I'll miss that creature, forever -- there couldn't be a second-One, but there are n similar ones abandoned with their McMansions, every day.
A few of the rescued will pass through these parts, (as much to celebrate that Squeak ever Was, as for any other 'reasons'.)

As for me, nothing has changed re. the disdain I possess for the overall-effect on wars, pestilence and compounded-ignorance apparently fostered / catalyzed
-- by that which is called, 'religion' --
as 'it' is actually practiced by most of the billions in thrall to 'it'.

Just maybe.. when that hoary concept is allowed to die its Natural Death,
something far more beneficent may have its chance to foster healthier Life
(if the planet still Lives, that is. As the current race-to-the-bottom limits the time left to grow-up?)

Folie a deux, folie a millón … the French always have just the right phrase

Pace, pace O mio Dio
New My daughter's memorial service
(Per the JW, she wasn't good enough for a funeral.)

Was the last church thing I could stomach. Any church.

And no, I will never recover. Coping better, a little, here and there. I think I'm falling in love. Today's episode of breaking down in tears while doing a massage (I cover well, the client never knew, they never do. Controlled breathing and head to the side so the tears don't hit, it works.) was the first in several weeks. But the hole in the heart gets bigger, not smaller.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New :-( Hang in there.
New no, thats one hole that doesnt fill in, hang in there
New Know what you mean.
My wife still is having bawling days when it comes to her parents.

It eventually will stop consuming you. When that happens, you'll come to terms with it, but the hole will never go away and it may never get easier.

Good luck and thoughts are with you.
New Thanks
The thoughts are very much appreciated.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New Sorry.. missed reading here
earlier, re. such a devastating event expressed in one sentence.

May the excruciating phase pass (more quickly than usual) into the barely-tolerable chronic phase.
I no verbs either, in solidarity, except that.. 'Squeak' might as well have been my son.
Enough for empathy, I wot. Stay busy on things that Matter, eh?

oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 9, 2010, 10:44:08 PM EDT
     Random Mark Twain quote from Pharyngula - (Ashton) - (16)
         sorry bonobos have funerary arrangements - (boxley) - (15)
             Many, particularly the religious . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                 But its all done... - (folkert) - (2)
                     you call this intelligent? - (boxley) - (1)
                         That's what she said. -NT - (jake123)
                 Went to a funeral today - (crazy) - (10)
                     I dont need to waste money on DMT do it without -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Yeah, but - (crazy) - (1)
                             sorry, the democrats are not a religion -NT - (boxley)
                     Our ignorance is monstrously-LARGE. - (Ashton)
                     My daughter's memorial service - (mhuber) - (5)
                         :-( Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         no, thats one hole that doesnt fill in, hang in there -NT - (boxley)
                         Know what you mean. - (folkert)
                         Thanks - (mhuber)
                         Sorry.. missed reading here - (Ashton)

She's sunk full fathom five, five, five!
62 ms