IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New have to pay the rat one last time
depending on what shows up the the checking acct manana I may be taking my 12yo daughter who claims not to remember the last trip to placate the rats eternal greed for american dollars and coins of the realm.
Also taking the SIL as she has never made obeisance to the rat. Not telling the 15yo as he will be dead weight and MJ has never been amused by the rat will stay home and watch the dog who would love to get the rat in his jaws. I am shuddering in fear and despair of the damage to my wallet.
Well the fireworks always make me feel better.
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New Which rat be dat?
--

Drew
New the orlando rat, hope yer kids never hear about it
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New Hey.. it's just a Big mouse
Besides (re the West coast mousehaven:) when last I took a ~ 7 yo to hear endless repetitions of Small World and catch the final parade down Main Street -- she loved it.
I could handle the process maybe once / 5 years, but the kid has to be (still) pre-cynical or it's a waste for both.

('Course I have little idea how much they've escalated the $/minute for this stuff -- condolences on that part.)
New Ah, *that* rat
As for age, it's a tough call. On the one hand, it's saccharine-sweet and hard to deal with for anyone past about 9. But that young, they really don't appreciate the scale of what they're seeing. As a huge piece of performance art, the whole experience is an amazing piece of coordination on a truly grand scale.

Personally, I prefer Epcott.
--

Drew
New breaking another solumn promise to myself tomorrow
I swore if I ever went on "its a small world again" ride it would be with a 12guage and 2 cases of buckshot
New La ... la ... la .. la .. LA LA LA !
New mouse magic
As I recall, the average human is immune to the pixie dust unless the experience is mediated by (A) childhood—anecdotal evidence suggests that merely by having an urchin in tow a mild "contact high" can be achieved, or (B) a few hundred micrograms of a once-popular indole alkaloid. I tried the first approach in 1957 and again in 1965; the second on half a dozen occasions between 1969 and 1971. On one of these latter expeditions a companion thought it would be droll for us to ride through the über-treacly "It's a Small World" attraction. The machinery stalled, and our car was stuck in a chamber with a hundred demonic singing manikins warbling the ride's eponymous ditty. I was wearing a watch; the twenty minutes seemed like...well, in that condition the twenty minutes passed v-e-r-r-r-y slowly. mmoffit would have been grimly pleased. It was a couple of chastened and trembling teenagers who emerged at length from the exit.

cordially,

[edit: surplus characters]
Expand Edited by rcareaga Feb. 19, 2010, 02:32:45 PM EST
New You bastard
My colleagues think I'm crazy fucked up now.

I laughed for, well, for twenty minutes! ;)
New Oh dear.
I *hate* that ride. Even my 6yo son had issues with it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Speaking of alkaloids..
Ibogaine ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine

(Probably not your experimental substance wayback; this one's now trying to be groomed as an anti-)
And natch, Puritamerica has proscribed the sucker, rendering US basic research flaccid;
meanwhile all those suburban methheads gone blooey in their desperate search to Somehow Got Outta the Murican experience ... await deliverance. (No, not That one. Prevert.)

But they can still go to Mexico, when it's time to come down and face the mouthbreathers.
Alkaloids.. the perfect companion to The Botany of Desire, that masterpiece of infosatire of the biped hubris experience:

Yes, Virginia, plants Are smarter than people.

New Let me know the plans...
we can meet up and hunt the rat...
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New at the super8 in kissimmee
on the main drag. Alarm is set for 9ayem, hit the IHOP for steak and eggs after srising and try to get in line for tickets before 11-11:30am give or take an hour either way. Tel sent via email
     have to pay the rat one last time - (boxley) - (12)
         Which rat be dat? -NT - (drook) - (1)
             the orlando rat, hope yer kids never hear about it -NT - (boxley)
         Hey.. it's just a Big mouse - (Ashton) - (3)
             Ah, *that* rat - (drook)
             breaking another solumn promise to myself tomorrow - (boxley) - (1)
                 La ... la ... la .. la .. LA LA LA ! -NT - (crazy)
         mouse magic - (rcareaga) - (3)
             You bastard - (jake123)
             Oh dear. - (malraux)
             Speaking of alkaloids.. - (Ashton)
         Let me know the plans... - (beepster) - (1)
             at the super8 in kissimmee - (boxley)

Damn thing ate it's way out of the box it was in and lived in my closet for a month.
53 ms