IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Historical out of context
I knew I had a problem, and I was seeing a doctor and tried to work through it. My former employer did not help me out, and instead heaped more work on me, in hopes that I would quit or do something they could fire me for. When I didn't quit, and I was looking for another job, they decided to make something up about me and use "suspicion" to fire me. Suspicion of what, I have no idea? I never got it in writing exactly what I was fired for, and they told unemployment it was for suspicion, as they could not offer unemployment any proof of any wrong-doing.

Now then, as to my current situation, I am recovering and not as depressed as I used to be.

Looking back, perhaps I should have quit two years ago, or talked to my doctor about having an extended short-term disability leave?

"Will work for fair salary and benefits, seeking company with integrity."
New Never mind.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New "Looking back ..." - *Don't* look back so much. Move ahead.
A little story:

On his initial visit, the well-groomed middle-aged gentleman, elegantly dressed in an austere black Armani suit, sat down in a polite yet reserved manner and began to relate what had brought him into the office. He spoke rather softly, in a controlled, measured voice. I ran through a list of standard questions: presenting complaint, age, background, marital status, ....

"That bitch!" he cried suddenly, his voice seething with rage. "My damn wife! EX-wife, now. She was having an affair behind my back! And after everything I did for her. That little ... that little ... SLUT!" His voice became louder, more angry, and more venomous, as for the next twenty minutes he recounted grievance after grievance against his ex-wife.

Our time was coming to a close. Realizing that he was just getting warmed up and could easily continue in this vein for hours, I redirected him. "Well, most people have difficulty adjusting to a recent divorce, and that is certainly something that we can address in future sessions," I said soothingly. "By the way, how long have you been divorced?"

"Seventeen years, last May."

from pp. 149-150 of The Art of Happiness, by the Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutler, MD.

You can't change the past. What happened, happened. You can only make your life better for yourself and your family by working to change your future.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Are employers discriminating against IWETHEY members? - (nking) - (50)
         I highly....highly...doubt that. -NT - (bepatient)
         doubtful - (SpiceWare) - (48)
             All I am saying - (nking) - (47)
                 You're reaching... -NT - (bepatient)
                 While unlikely, possible - (broomberg) - (27)
                     What he said - (kmself) - (10)
                         "your Mom, ...", your grandkids, your neighbor's grandkids, - (Another Scott) - (9)
                             What??? - (bepatient)
                             There goes any chance for - (Ashton)
                             Oh. Rats. - (static)
                             Agreed - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                 ditto... - (slugbug) - (4)
                                     Sorry - (broomberg) - (3)
                                         Hmmmm..... - (slugbug)
                                         I think it isn't a problem - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             yup.... - (slugbug)
                     Signs of insanity - (nking) - (15)
                         not! - (slugbug)
                         Doesn't matter - (broomberg) - (13)
                             So basically I'm screwed - (nking) - (11)
                                 Only if... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                     I am not neglecting my condition - (nking) - (7)
                                         Historical context - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             Historical out of context - (nking) - (2)
                                                 Never mind. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                 "Looking back ..." - *Don't* look back so much. Move ahead. - (Another Scott)
                                         Have you started an exercise program yet? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                             yes I have, been walking - (nking) - (1)
                                                 Sounds good - (ben_tilly)
                                 No, but you need to take steps - (broomberg) - (1)
                                     I suppose I'm fairly lucky... - (bepatient)
                             *blush* - (ben_tilly)
                 Really doubt it - (bconnors) - (17)
                     via mailing list -NT - (Silverlock) - (16)
                         I'm working on it - (bconnors) - (15)
                             You could ask Google to remove your pages. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                 The Evil Twin Syndrome - (nking) - (1)
                                     Well, I can't remember the ethnicity right off, - (mhuber)
                                 Will Google remove the pages for a specific person? - (bconnors) - (6)
                                     Best thing you can do - (orion) - (5)
                                         Done - (bconnors) - (4)
                                             Damn - previously logged in as... (nomsg) -NT - (Missing User 286) - (3)
                                                 Good name, - (orion)
                                                 What a juxtaposition... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                     Attention K-Mart shoppers! - (orion)
                             So change your nick now - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                 Would anyone care if I changed mine? - (nking) - (3)
                                     What's it matter whether we like it or not? - (Silverlock)
                                     Go for it, orion. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         Your wish is my command. :) - (orion)

Coo coo ca-choo!
129 ms