as what you choose to remember. And far too many people remember 9/11/01 in terms of "No nation has ever suffered as the United States did that black day, no country has ever endured such injustice." Bullshit. The USA has been meting out death from the skies for decades, principally upon noncombatants. A bully and a brute may command a kind of respect; a weeping, self-pitying bully, not so much.

By all means, remember the WTC/Pentagon dead, but spare a thought for the hundreds of thousands of civilians done to death by American arms in our lifetimes. 'Cause you know, that spot of unpleasantness eight years ago didn't occur in a historical vacuum.

I never even thought of it in those terms, to be honest. I don't remember that quote, but even if I heard it then, I would never have believed it. I mean, the nation of Germany and the German Jews suffered far more during WW2 than we did on 9/11, and so did Japan when the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Believe me, I know that the U.S. militant forces have been responsible for the deaths of probably millions of civilians as well as combatants, we aren't any less guilty of such carnage than anyone else.

I know it did not happen in a historical vacuum, The Oklahoma Bombing was done by an American to civilians, Hiroshima & Nagasaki were whole cities destroyed by the U.S. forces, and they most certainly weren't all combatants. I just want 9/11 to be remembered along with all the others, and not to slip into oblivion as time passes on.

So I'll change my statement to be instead, a moment of silence for all victims of Terrorism everywhere, and all fallen civilians due to wartime as well.

Brenda