IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Good days and bad ones...
(I can't seem to find how to make the post quote what I want to reply to. Can anyone tell me how?)

Spiceware wrote:>>how long until the cast is off?<<

It's not actually a cast. It's a fiberglass splint, and I'm supposed to take it off for as much time as I can each day, and just use the ace bandages. I'm also supposed to have my arm unwrapped completely some each day, and right now it is bare. But I have to be really really careful when it's not wrapped at all, the slightest wrong move hurts a lot. I still can't turn my hand or arm much whatsoever, my hand has to stay in a palm down position.

The worst part is that the fingers of my right hand tend to go all tingly at times. The Dr. said this is because of the swelling and healing, and also because the injury involved the funny bone. (Side note: my whole arm and hand tingled for over 4 hours the night of the injury, and it wasn't all that funny!). It's an unsettling feeling when my hand goes all tingly.

I go back and see the Dr. on June 11, that will have been 4 weeks since the injury. Recovery is supposed to take about 4-6 weeks. It's only been 2 wks so far.

Spiceware wrote:>>I had mixed feelings about ST - while I enjoyed the movie, I disliked it as well. I found the whole Nero plot flawed - if he's able to change the timeline so dramatically, then why not just save his people?<<

I agree, I didn't understand why he couldn't just go back and have old Spock stop the exploding star sooner. Guess he didn't trust Spock to really help him. Who can understand the minds of these psychopathic aliens, anyway?

Brenda

Expand Edited by Nightowl May 27, 2009, 05:07:49 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 27, 2009, 05:08:43 PM EDT
New Quotes -
Hola Owlet; nice you weren't drowned a while back; that soggy midwest:
some place in Kansas, IIRC -- produced the hugest inches/hour rainfall ever in US, way-back.

You can just copy/paste (with correct < > er, 'delimiters') [i] .... [/i] for italics

or (Ditto re <>) [blockquote] .... [/blockquote] - which gets a pompous box around the proseless death you fancy.

Oh..
Skip the ping pong practice for awhile, y'hear?!?

Sympathies.. being unable to move hand/arm for the simplest task, is about the only experience we get of ~1% of the plight of the Iraqi-bombed returnees. At least it Will go away -- keep looking Up...s l o w l y
eh?

New Re: Quotes -
Okay, it's not letting me post my attempt to reply using blockquotes yet...

Working on it.

Brenda

Here is the message I'm getting...

TTP Status 500 -
type Exception report

message description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is org.iwethey.filter.FilterException: Handler stack is empty.
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:488)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:441)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)

root cause
org.iwethey.filter.FilterException: Handler stack is empty.
org.iwethey.filter.FilterContext.popHandlerEntry(FilterContext.java:222)
org.iwethey.filter.AbstractMatchingPoppingHandler.process(AbstractMatchingPoppingHandler.java:55)
org.iwethey.filter.FilterContext.filter(FilterContext.java:103)
org.iwethey.filter.Filter.filter(Filter.java:94)
org.iwethey.forums.web.post.PostValidator.validate(PostValidator.java:132)
org.springframework.validation.ValidationUtils.invokeValidator(ValidationUtils.java:63)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.BaseCommandController.bindAndValidate(BaseCommandController.java:373)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractFormController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractFormController.java:263)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:859)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:793)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:476)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:441)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.

No clue what this means...

Brenda
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 27, 2009, 06:12:46 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 27, 2009, 06:14:54 PM EDT
New Trying again Re: Quotes -
Since trying to use blockquotes is failing at this point and another storm is coming, I'm going to quote like I was before for this post so I can send it:

Ashton wrote:>>Hola Owlet; nice you weren't drowned a while back; that soggy midwest: some place in Kansas, IIRC -- produced the hugest inches/hour rainfall ever in US, way-back.<<

Yeah, we have had a lot of rain, and more is on the way. Haven't drowned yet, but fortunately, we're not too close to any main bodies of water.

Ashton wrote:>>Oh.. Skip the ping pong practice for awhile, y'hear?!?<<

Hehehe, don't play ping-pong, but have been trying Breakout with the right hand. I can move the mouse and type limitedly with the right hand since that faces downward.

Ashton wrote:>>Sympathies.. being unable to move hand/arm for the simplest task, is about the only experience we get of ~1% of the plight of the Iraqi-bombed returnees. At least it Will go away -- keep looking Up...s l o w l y
eh?<<

The worst is I can't write very well, I can't hold the pen right. I also have fun trying to eat since I can't use my right hand for that at all. But yeah, I'm taking it a day at a time. Thanks so much for answering me, Ashton!

Brenda
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 27, 2009, 06:45:34 PM EDT
New Re: Good days and bad ones...
here's hoping the next 2 weeks go by quickly!

Blockquotes are done like this:

<blockquote>test</blockquote>

test

To show the code I typed &lt;blockquote&gt; (and to show that I typed &amp;lt; ...)
New Okay, Blockquoting take 2
Okay, so there is no automatic quoting feature. Giving this a try.

(Note, same post as the one made without blockquotes...testing it).

Hola Owlet; nice you weren't drowned a while back; that soggy midwest: some place in Kansas, IIRC -- produced the hugest inches/hour rainfall ever in US, way-back.

Yeah, we have had a lot of rain, and more is on the way. Haven't drowned yet, but fortunately, we're not too close to any main bodies of water.

Oh.. Skip the ping pong practice for awhile, y'hear?!?

Hehehe, don't play ping-pong, but have been trying Breakout with the right hand. I can move the mouse and type limitedly with the right hand since that faces downward.

Sympathies.. being unable to move hand/arm for the simplest task, is about the only experience we get of ~1% of the plight of the Iraqi-bombed returnees. At least it Will go away -- keep looking Up...s l o w l y
eh?

The worst is I can't write very well, I can't hold the pen right. I also have fun trying to eat since I can't use my right hand for that at all. But yeah, I'm taking it a day at a time. Thanks so much for answering me, Ashton!

Brenda
             Re: was it as good as space balls? - (Nightowl)
         Re: Good days and bad ones... - (SpiceWare) - (6)
             Re: Good days and bad ones... - (Nightowl) - (5)
                 Quotes - - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Re: Quotes - - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         Trying again Re: Quotes - - (Nightowl)
                 Re: Good days and bad ones... - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     Okay, Blockquoting take 2 - (Nightowl)

I R UR GRAMMER NATZEE GAWD.
89 ms