IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Holy Pyramid Scheme
Evengelicals are about to take a big hit. Not from some backlash, not from secularism or some anti-Christian movement. From math.

Evangelism is God's own pyramid scheme. You get your divine brownie points from converting others. And those converts go out and get more converts. Logarithmic. No converts, no points. OK, maybe a few points, but it's like trying to do Amway by selling product. The real purpose is converts. That's what "evangelism" means. That's why the mega-churches and the Madison Avenue crap works so well - it's all about bringing them in. Once you get them, well, you screw around with phony-ass issues like pretending blastocysts are people and gay marriage is a threat to other marriage.

Like any pyramid scheme, eventually you run out of marks. The last level is out there not getting their lives validated because there is nobody left to convert. Regular Christianity hit that wall at various times and resorted to conversion by force and sending missionaries to Africa. But those are temporary solutions - the logarithmic math eats Africa in no time flat and conversion by force is expensive, unsatisfying, and doesn't keep up with logarithmic math for long. Regular Christianity switched over to other ways of keeping score. My own parish has a missionary force in Mexico where there is nobody to convert. Our missionaries perform lots of good works, but they are more likely to score a conversion while reporting to the parish than while in the field. That makes them not evangelical.

Evangelicals are going to start losing because the market is saturated. And people are going to drop out in significant numbers because they are losing. One might hope that most of those who drop out will switch to seeking meaning in feeding the hungry or becoming more compassionate people or something, but history suggests most will find some other club to try to get others to join.
New {chortle}
I Loves It when ya talks dirty-math to me..

Reminds me of the 'discussion' amongst Mozart, the other -large- music-honcho !=Salieri -- re whether the human 'ear' could handle only a certain number of notes (per diem, I suppose..)

The asses present concluded, about The Magic Flute [!!]: Too many notes.

Meanwhile in 2009, we have millions still counting the #angels/pin-head, not realizing that this means: pin-head (and not the head-of-a-pin.)

But I digress -- which is still better than Conversion via AK-47, I wot.

Dear Lord: please protect me from your followers.
(I said that.. just, not first)
New naw, that problem has been fixed, convert the dead
New Yeah, heard about that
Must lack a certain visceral impact for 'em, once you take the necros out of the picture. 'Course, that might be a significant chunk...
New Nah, he means the Mormons.
The Mormon Church is a conservative institution whose fascination with genealogy stems from complicated religious beliefs about the importance of identifying and "saving" the departed. As a result, it has amassed an unparalleled wealth of genealogical data, so the unveiling of the FamilySearch beta is being treated as a major event by genealogy buffs.
Link:

http://www.wired.com...7.07/mormons.html
Alex
New Good solution!
Consumes the resource (heathens open to conversion) linearly instead of logarithmically, unless the mythology allows the dead to convert each other.

New They should require the dead to sign . . .
. . a certificate of conversion. That would make it a lot more interesting - there could be monthly contests to select the highest "producer", the one submitting the most signed certificates. A weekend vacation to lovely Provo could be the prize.

The way it is, how can one be sure the dead aren't just laughing in their faces?
New Now you're talking Chicago voter registration rolls. :)
Alex
     CSM on Evangelical seppuku - (Ashton) - (14)
         the real problem is point #7 - (boxley)
         Re: CSM on Evangelical seppuku - (jay) - (4)
             Echoes of "real conservatives" - (drook) - (3)
                 Re: Echoes of "real conservatives" - (jay)
                 That was my reaction as well. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Goes for lefties too, though. - (CRConrad)
         Holy Pyramid Scheme - (mhuber) - (7)
             {chortle} - (Ashton)
             naw, that problem has been fixed, convert the dead -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                 Yeah, heard about that - (jake123) - (1)
                     Nah, he means the Mormons. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Good solution! - (mhuber) - (2)
                     They should require the dead to sign . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Now you're talking Chicago voter registration rolls. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Sorry, no can do.
52 ms