IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So is it really facts?
You seem to be supporting someone by default because you don't like his opponent. That doesn't necessarily jive with what you said before.

Not that its not a perfectly valid reason...just that its not supporting someone based on facts...its opposing someone based on facts.

I'm sure there are equally many people that are doing the same with McCain. Alot of folks don't want to see their taxes rise, don't think people that pay no taxes should get tax credits, don't want estate taxes reinstated, etc. Most of these folks likely would have picked McCain as their first choice...but their fundamental disagreement with Obama has put them there...just like you.

That doesn't make them stupid, as you claim
New You obviously didn't read my post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those that blindly believe anyone, no matter what the basis (religion, world view, call by authority, etc), without being able to explain why, in rational terms, without falling back on an "undisputable" truth that is not subject to a factual analysis is an idiot.

You gave perfectly reasonable points of disagreement. While they may not mesh with mine, it doesn't mean they were arrived at stupidly.

But: The Palin base? Those that were sitting out until she showed up? Morons that want to be lied to.

Also, I said:

His stated goals are definetaly in opposition to mine, at least in a couple of areas I really want addressed.
I can't be sure what Obama will do, but I generally agree with his stated philosophy, and he's smart enough that I don't worry about him doing anything exceptionally stupid.

There are a couple of areas that affect me personally. I want my doctor free to prescribe anything he thinks is appropriate for me. I'm on a lot of drugs for EDS, drugs with dangerous side effects that will kill me, painfully, sooner or later. Not might, will. Uncurable bleeding ulcers are the NORMAL result of what I'm on. I can cut out most of them if smoke 2 hits of pot each night. With a stroke of a pen, Obama can direct the DEA to leave medical pot alone. He's already stated his position. Let the states decide. While NJ doesn't have it, it might in a few years under Obama. If not, I'll move. Under MCCain, we can expect the feds to tighten the screws, and I might have nowhere to move to.
Expand Edited by crazy Nov. 3, 2008, 08:32:09 PM EST
     now down to 120k for obama tax plan - (boxley) - (27)
         he'll be at 40k soon enough - (beepster) - (1)
             42.5 is where the number ends up - (boxley)
         And Richardson is what to Obama? - (crazy) - (2)
             Richardson is a democrat - (boxley) - (1)
                 And you're a {{insert religion here}} - (crazy)
         Apples and oranges. - (Another Scott) - (21)
             not panicking, both parties will have to raise taxes - (boxley) - (20)
                 Taxes aren't going to do it. - (malraux) - (19)
                     Yeah, expect SS tax limit to go 1st - (crazy) - (18)
                         That should have happened a long time ago. -NT - (beepster) - (17)
                             OMG - (crazy) - (16)
                                 I think.. - (beepster) - (15)
                                     And you think ANY of that could cost more than the Iraq - (crazy) - (14)
                                         Dude - (beepster) - (13)
                                             Nice try - (crazy) - (12)
                                                 Worse than that. - (Another Scott)
                                                 It doesn't matter which one you are talking about - (beepster) - (10)
                                                     I'll ~~ agree on that last - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                         Your rose colored glasses - (beepster) - (8)
                                                             McC has not been just 'irregular' in his performance - - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                                 Yep - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                     That our voters are ill-informed is a given - (Ashton)
                                                                     Anybody who votes from belief not fact is stupid - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                         So, then - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                             Nope - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                 So is it really facts? - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                     You obviously didn't read my post - (crazy)

We got the same old show.
101 ms