IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks...
It was developed in the 70s by a 9th level grand master Tai Kwon Do instructor, who based it on biomechanical principles instead of ki and mysticism. The strikes are non-stressing, as opposed to the sharp snaps of Tai Kwon Do. They emphasize self-defense and fitness, which is good, but no sparring, which makes me wonder how the hell you can expect to know how to use it in an actual throw-down.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New actually martial arts isnt that usefull in a street fight
unless you spar free style. It will help you learn that getting hit wont kill you so you can overcome that fear and hit back. If you dont have the Ki and Mysticism you have just another form of calisthenics, not necessarily bad.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Re: actually martial arts isnt that usefull in a street figh
As I said, it uses biomechanical principles, which are pretty much ki without the trappings and with a scientific explanation.

Most of the sparring I've seen in classes (like my son's karate class) is freestyle. I agree that it's pretty much useless if it's scripted.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Anyone know anything about Choi Kwang Do? - (admin) - (14)
         will let you know tomorrow - (boxley)
         Sounds like Tae Kwon Do with a cabbage :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (6)
             Near sentient LRPD - "Sounds like a pizza to me" -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Also LRPD - "It looks like it belongs in the bathroom." -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     "Sounds like a bad Star Trek episode." -NT - (Another Scott)
             Still think mine's funnier :-P -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                 Which is why I said "near sentient" - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     " This stuff is just too weird. ... - (admin)
         heres the skinny - (boxley) - (5)
             Thanks... - (admin) - (2)
                 actually martial arts isnt that usefull in a street fight - (boxley) - (1)
                     Re: actually martial arts isnt that usefull in a street figh - (admin)
             What does your friend think of these: - (admin) - (1)
                 as a teacher and master of taikondo, not much :-} - (boxley)

Anytime I tell a client that "Oh no, those computers just change settings and delete things" instead of "You're a moron, and should be entrusted with nothing more complex than a crayon and an Etch-A-Sketch.", I'm lying.
89 ms