IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looks IKEA-esque.
We've got an IKEA office table (birch top, black legs) in our office. It has a small shelf above. I don't think they sell it anymore. It's quite sturdy. (I don't like any of the similar stuff IKEA has now.)

Our computer table is something I picked up at OfficeMax or Staples about 15 years ago. White laminate over particle board with an upper rail and mounting platform for a monitor. It came with a keyboard drawer too. Both our PCs and Macs can be used (I added another keyboard drawer and a monitor arm for the Mac) at the same time. The legs are black metal tubes which form an inverted U. There's a "modesty panel" in the back that also provides some rigidity.

Both of these have worked well. I'm probably going to modify the computer table eventually, to add some shelves and remove the cross-bar used for the monitor. It gets in the way too much, so the monitor will either go on a shelf or another monitor arm.

The glass surfaces on the linked items looks nice - easy to clean too. I would make sure the shelf is high enough so that it doesn't take away too much work area, though. If you like keyboard drawers, mounting one might be a problem with it, though.

HTH a bit. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Looks IKEA-esque.
The glass surfaces on the linked items looks nice - easy to clean too. I would make sure the shelf is high enough so that it doesn't take away too much work area, though. If you like keyboard drawers, mounting one might be a problem with it, though.
Well, the computer desk comes with a keyboard drawer...But my main system is a laptop at this point. I'm not sure I'd be using the keyboard drawer just yet.

Ease of cleaning will definitely be appreciated...I also like the "open" feel of the desk. The movable "side drawers" that are an option with the desk are something I'll look into getting. Perhaps a couple of those...
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     I need an office/computer chair - (Yendor) - (10)
         I need a desk, too - (Yendor) - (9)
             Looks IKEA-esque. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Looks IKEA-esque. - (Yendor)
             In the same boat - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                 I don't have space for regular desks . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     "Image" is just text, Andrew. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Hmmmmm . . works for me - and with IE on Windows too. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             It's there now. Perhaps I was impatient. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         I see it - FF on Mac -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                         Try the image link: - (folkert)

Would you like a wafer-thin dinner mint?
43 ms