IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK, my theory.
Under heavy pressure ice liquifies. Perhaps at a higher speed supercooled water can't get out of the way and rolls ahead of the tires being forced into cracks. When the pressure passes it instantly freezes and expands, breaking loose chips of pavement and opening cracks wider for the next pass.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New IIRC that was the mechanism found, for initiating fractures
in massive structures - an effort to explain observations of effects seen far from the edge, in masses presumed to be in static condition / equilibrium. But apparently weren't.

My instinct would be Helmholzian: the "troops in-step crossing shaky bridges" resonance effect.

If the effect is described as a result of, "just going faster" - that would seem to negate this thought, except: during (even small rates of) acceleration - successive resonances of the truck-ice-water system could occur, do the mischief via the magic of nodes.

If due solely to exact speed maintained at resonance - then the truck would leave a trail of mangled ice pieces behind (?)
It is a dynamic system.

Experiments needed.

New Im leaning towards wave form now
as speed increases so does the wave from, this causes fractures because the force is moving faster when it hits the shallows. repetitive shocks weakens the ice offshore
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     question for the group - (boxley) - (7)
         Perhaps it has to do with the longitudinal spacing of tires. - (a6l6e6x)
         Heating? - (Another Scott)
         Ice flexes, floats on water - (imric)
         Sheet as a whole bending? - (JayMehaffey)
         OK, my theory. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             IIRC that was the mechanism found, for initiating fractures - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Im leaning towards wave form now - (boxley)

He's the walking definition of Dunning-Kruger.
43 ms