IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New has more to do with cascading thundershowers in the
afternoons on the east coast. For summer arrival or departures choose early morning or late evenings to avoid delays.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New There wasn't a cloud in the sky yesterday...
afternoon between NC and Maine. Weather wasn't the issue yesterday. The initial delay for an hour or so from DCA to Newark was due to volume - not weather.

Yes, one should keep the weather in mind, but as the Newsday story pointed out, the NE corridor is overloaded as its run now. Even without bad weather, one has to expect the possibility of long delays if one is heading toward the northeast.

At the moment, your general observation holds: The [link|http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/AirportLookup.jsp?q=ewr&go=1|problem in the northeast] is [link|http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=b5&size=2x&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1&MR=1|weather].

Cheers,
Scott.
     Don't visit via NY Airports if at all possible. - (Another Scott) - (41)
         Lovely. - (static) - (40)
             I wouldn't worry. - (bepatient) - (39)
                 has more to do with cascading thundershowers in the - (boxley) - (1)
                     There wasn't a cloud in the sky yesterday... - (Another Scott)
                 I hope nobody is too surprised? - (CRConrad) - (36)
                     Learn something before you shoot off your mouth - (bepatient) - (35)
                         Before everyone gets off on the wrong foot... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             They don't think... - (bepatient)
                         It's not "understanding" reality that is the problem,Candide - (CRConrad) - (32)
                             considering most american airlines are in bankrupcy - (boxley) - (1)
                                 IIRC, most airlines don't own their planes. - (Another Scott)
                             Do you want to fly? - (bepatient) - (29)
                                 At least two obvious errors - (CRConrad) - (28)
                                     Ok Mr Euro - (bepatient) - (22)
                                         There are ways around these problems. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                             Re: There are ways around these problems. - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                 On the last one... - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                     in agreement sort of - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Well said. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Unfortunately - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                         Re: roughly the same as pre-9/11. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             True enough - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                 I think that varies with location. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                     or ATL, the other day the had the queue going outside the - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         I got out pretty quick last time - (bepatient)
                                                 Re: There are ways around these problems. - (pwhysall)
                                         What,you got "3000+" airports? "Big" ones? No? QED: Strawman - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                             You were the one saying they should have spares - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                 Next fix... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                     But.. but... - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                         dont forget shareholders who would squat sqare bricks -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Ignore them, they're just filthy capitalists - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                 if it takes longer than the next quarter forget it -NT - (boxley)
                                                     It must be simple - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         he's a conslutant of course he doesnt need to understand the - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             Not that kind of conslutant-I'm a code slave w/ weird title. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     :-) on #2. Or maybe :-(... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     The FAA is a wholly owned subsidiary of the airlines. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         There is an obvious solution to that problem. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             That is just a form of regulation. - (mmoffitt)
                                             Freedom of the Skies (new thread) - (Seamus)