IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is a horrible tragedy
but on the radio this morning I heard an audio clip from yesterday's news conference at the White House by Dana Perino. What the hosts said after it (and I'm paraphrasing) "this is a tragedy but let's not allow it to be used to take away our right to own guns".

I'm sorry, but these morning radio hosts absolutely DID NOT need to say that AT ALL. I think what they said was cold-blooded and reprehensible.

After checking the White House web site, here is the quote:

As far as policy, the President believes that there is a right for people to bear arms, but that all laws must be followed.

[link|http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/04/20070416-1.html|http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/04/20070416-1.html]

It appears that she was being baited by the reporter on official 2nd Amendment policy.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
Expand Edited by lincoln April 17, 2007, 11:34:53 AM EDT
New Both sides already out in force
Both the "ban all gun" and "everybody should be armed at all times" crowd are out in force.

Neither of those groups felt the need to know anything about the attack before staking out their position and taking it public.

Jay
     Worst Campus Shooting Ever : Va Tech - (bepatient) - (19)
         Any word on gunman's identity and/or motive? -NT - (lincoln) - (2)
             Re: Any word on gunman's identity and/or motive? - (dmcarls) - (1)
                 2 handguns? he must have spent time at the range -NT - (boxley)
         Monday the 16th... - (Another Scott) - (15)
             Listened to Special Report - (jbrabeck) - (11)
                 Lots of monday morning quarterbacking going on. -NT - (bepatient) - (9)
                     Yep, it's all over the news this morning... - (Nightowl) - (8)
                         mmmmf!...grrrrhhh!...unhhhh! - (rcareaga) - (4)
                             Whatever... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                 Bren, you might do better by skipping over grumpy's post :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Point taken. :) - (Nightowl)
                                 tearing you down? - (rcareaga)
                         It's not a dreaded week. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Sure it is - annual income taxes due -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         It's a long week every week in Iraq - (pwhysall)
                 Yeah, but we'll be safer if we do that. - (mmoffitt)
             Jack Thompson has already blamed... - (folkert)
             This is a horrible tragedy - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Both sides already out in force - (JayMehaffey)

Collect all the sets!
61 ms