IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's that, the BOxlish definition of the word?
Never heard that one before; where'd you get it from?

([link|http://www.freedictionary.org/index.php?Query=Bigot&database=%2A&strategy=exact|Here are seven definitions], none of which quite matches yours.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New second entry in an american dictionary
[link|http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot|http://dictionary.re....com/browse/bigot]
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New That's an or-ed list -- it says...
...NOTHING about disliking people of another race, but only "for their mannerisms customs and actions". That list means "disliking people of another group OR disliking people of another religion OR disliking people of another race OR disliking people who espouse different political opinions"; i.e, using the third element of the list, it's totally equal to plain old racism.

The other option, if we define element four as equivalent to your "for their mannerisms customs and actions", says NOTHING ABOUT RACE -- an equal-opportunity political/"mannerisms customs and actions" bigot is supposed to dislike people who differ from himself on those criteria EVEN WHEN they are of the SAME RACE as himself.

Your "defintion" seems to be a muddling-up of at least two different separate concepts (i.e, possible meanings of the word "bigot"), and I don't think you're going to find it reflected in ANY regular dictionary.

Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New caught your punctuation mistake
The correct wording is: "for their mannerisms, customs and actions".

You missed the required comma.

HTH!
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Sure you caught a mistake, lad - but not mine. HTH!
That was a direct quote1 from post #281532. Take it up with the BOx, whydoncha.

1: That's what the "quotation marks" mean, you see. (To people who know their punctuation, that is.)

New Since your post was far away from his
and not listed as a direct repsonse to that specific post, I could not see that you were quoting The Box.

You are correct: it's The Box's punctuation error, not yours.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New Wow!! Box made a punctuation error?
Get away! Never! Really? Do tell...

Listen children, you're adolescents now, so act like adults...

Fuck, if Bill gets one word in ten approximately correct when in shitkicker mode, he's way ahead of his normal game. It usually means that he's drunker than usual or can't remember exactly where he's currently being a shitkicker from.

In the mean time, go play in traffic, the both of you...
New I already did
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=280649|post #280649]
lincoln

New flattery will get you everywhere :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     The new racist gotcha - (bepatient) - (80)
         Ding, Ding! Equally hates everyone. -NT - (folkert) - (54)
             Fire Imus -NT - (andread) - (53)
                 No. Keep him. - (folkert) - (52)
                     ever heard of a racist moron? -NT - (andread) - (51)
                         Several - (bepatient) - (2)
                             What TV shows do they have? -NT - (andread) - (1)
                                 Imus was on one of their radio programs -NT - (bepatient)
                         bigot!=racists, you got the moron right -NT - (boxley) - (42)
                             Re: bigot!=racists, you got the moron right - (andread) - (41)
                                 incorrect - (boxley) - (40)
                                     Even so, I'd label him racist -NT - (andread) - (30)
                                         on what basis? Ive never heard him declare folks inferior - (boxley) - (29)
                                             Re: on what basis? Ive never heard him declare folks inferio - (andread) - (28)
                                                 Dont listem to him, havnt in years - (boxley) - (27)
                                                     Box trusting the gov to it's the job? - (Silverlock) - (26)
                                                         Might be mixing bills -NT - (bepatient) - (24)
                                                             You lost me. - (Silverlock) - (23)
                                                                 Re: You lost me. - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                                     Please never take a gov job then. - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                                         But... - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             Cheeze Louise. That was my damned point. -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                 Ya mean I GOTTA be adversarial? ROFL! -NT - (imric)
                                                                         Thats how I plan to retire - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                             beep's facile take on the feds - (rcareaga) - (16)
                                                                                 ya gotta remember he lives in Joisey across from philly -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                 Washington ain't "the place to be" - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                                     joisy jobs - (rcareaga) - (13)
                                                                                         Its very much the same thing - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                                             Faith - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                                                                                 sshh, you want us all to get in trouble? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                 Well at least - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                                                     'Lose' is such a casual term . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                                     I bet they would have loved to, but they didn't have time... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                     So now your position is - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                                                                         Now I know you're on crack. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                             I'm just interpreting your writing - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                                                                 That wouldn't be any fun at all! -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                     Neither did the gubmint - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                                                         But the RNC did; *White House* e-mails. WTFDYM,"conspiracy"? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                                             Yea, there's no conspiracy . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                         FCC is an excellent govenment department - (boxley)
                                     What's that, the BOxlish definition of the word? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                         second entry in an american dictionary - (boxley) - (7)
                                             That's an or-ed list -- it says... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                 caught your punctuation mistake - (lincoln) - (5)
                                                     Sure you caught a mistake, lad - but not mine. HTH! - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                         Since your post was far away from his - (lincoln) - (3)
                                                             Wow!! Box made a punctuation error? - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                 I already did - (lincoln)
                                                                 flattery will get you everywhere :-) -NT - (boxley)
                         Have you listened to "Imus in the Morning", his show? - (folkert) - (3)
                             The I-man is the original shock jock. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Yeah. Now though... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     You should've heard by now. All over but the shouting. -NT - (bepatient)
                         There are no non-racists - (tuberculosis)
         I saw some of that encounter - (tuberculosis)
         why is he suspended for 2 weeks for saying it once - (boxley) - (12)
             Even better... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 As soon as Jesse gets syndicated, fire him. -NT - (Silverlock)
             He wasn't suspended for the you people remark - (Seamus) - (9)
                 No. But Sharpton knew better - (bepatient) - (8)
                     NO, No, no... nonono. - (folkert)
                     Sharpton knew better? What evidence do you have for that? - (Seamus) - (6)
                         Don's a big boy. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             Wrong - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 How do you know Sharpton would think that Imus means y'all - (Seamus) - (1)
                                     Like I said - (bepatient)
                                 Those words are used in Hip Hop for a reason. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I certainly do. - (bepatient)
         Sharpton shows up on Hardball - (tuberculosis) - (7)
             I talk to them all the time, no probs. Its an attitude thing -NT - (boxley)
             Even better... - (bepatient) - (4)
                 So it is OK for the pot and kettle - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     What? - (bepatient) - (2)
                         It isn't always about you, you know - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             You posted that as a reply to me. - (bepatient)
             Saw that. - (a6l6e6x)
         "So of course Imus is dead" - (Silverlock) - (2)
             Maybe he'll go to satellite radio - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Assuming satellite radio survives, that is... -NT - (Another Scott)

Like, HEL-LOO... Anyone at home behind that beard???
101 ms