IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think it's not a state issue.
Once elected, a congressperson's "fitness to serve" is at the discretion of the house s/he serves in. No where in the constitution (as far as I can tell) does it say a Governor may expel a member. Only the congress/senate has that power.

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.
(emphasis added)

[link|http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution_transcript.html|here] is a copy of the constitution. Now with hyperlink goodness!

-----------------------------------------
Draft Kucinich [link|http://www.kucinich.us/bio.php|now].
New ya missed something
I was talking about the replacement process, not the removal process whether the state guv has an autrocratic choice or has limitations on the replacement.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Democratic control of Senate is possibly lost! - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
         Isn't it currently 51/49 - (jbrabeck) - (2)
             Plus Cheney's tie-breaking vote... -NT - (Yendor)
             Cheney is the tie-breaker -NT - (crazy)
         It doesn't sound like his condition is too bad, right now. - (Another Scott)
         Maybe, but there are converts - (tuberculosis)
         what does state law have to say? Sometimes there is somethin - (boxley) - (2)
             I think it's not a state issue. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 ya missed something - (boxley)
         Last heard: 'not a stroke'; operation underway, - (Ashton) - (4)
             Out of surgery; Critical condition; Still no specifics. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Bush tried the latest stealth chemical? -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                     You've been reading Kos, I see... - (Another Scott)
                     As in Rovian move from the Putin playbook? -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Congenital problem; brain surgery - (admin)

I agree with everything you said except "lol".
71 ms