IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Its projection and diction.
You need to be able to project your voice...most guys do that by going baritone...buts its not always necessary.

The key, though, is diction. Being precise with pronunciation when saying things like the letter w. Most pronounce that dublyou (for lack of a better way to make the point) but a radio announcer will spend time (I know I did) learning to distinctly say double---you)...its important for call signs on the east coast...and while training myself to say it wished I was out west where they start with K)

As far as accent, the training was to "speak like you are from nowhere". So, for those with accents, which is most of the country, that equates to speaking as a mideasterner (ohio, illinios, indiana) where, in general, the accent is fairly neutral. Even there, though, there are tendencies to partially drop final vowels (Ohigh as opposed to O hi O) and so saying the radio voice is a mideastern accent is also a bit problematic.

All I know is what little hick accent I had left after moving back from europe was completely gone after my first 6 months in radio. And that made me happy.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Dubbayou irks me to no end.
But of course, I grew up in a radio station, listening to my dad get bent out of shape when one of his announcers couldn't pronounce the letter properly. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Enunciation, too, as you said.
Singers are taught to clearly enunciate the words, too. It means things like 'left - to' rather than 'leff-to'. It takes a practice and a little concentration to get it right enough that it doesn't sound odd. Oddly enough, I think singing makes it easier because you can't slow down to do it! :-)

Wade.
"Don't give up!"
New Yep. Singing helps with the word stuffs.
I think my time in choir during grade school was well spent even though I didn't think so at the time.

Ahem. Why yes. I was the soloist for O Tannenbaum in third grade thank you very much.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
     another silly online quiz - (rcareaga) - (31)
         Dead On - (jbrabeck)
         The Northeast (I'm British) -NT - (warmachine)
         its a crock - (boxley)
         Re: another silly online quiz - (Yendor) - (1)
             ROFL - got the same - (imric)
         Northeast. - (a6l6e6x)
         Nowhere enough questions (or the right kind) to judge. - (Andrew Grygus)
         north central - (Steve Lowe)
         Northeast - (tuberculosis)
         Pretty accurate for me. - (Silverlock) - (8)
             US Radio accent. - (static) - (7)
                 It's the Johnny Carson accent. - (Silverlock)
                 Re: US Radio accent. - (Ashton) - (5)
                     Radio voice and radio accent are different. - (static)
                     Its projection and diction. - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Dubbayou irks me to no end. - (admin)
                         Enunciation, too, as you said. - (static) - (1)
                             Yep. Singing helps with the word stuffs. - (Silverlock)
         Philly - (crazy)
         Wow, I'm the one IN Philly - (bepatient)
         My Australian accent comes out as "The Northeast" -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Ditto likewise. -NT - (static)
         Midland - (imqwerky)
         Pegged me for Philly - (drewk)
         Inland North - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Amen, Brutha! - (imqwerky)
             On a world-wide version, it would have trouble with me. - (static)
         The West, eh? And since we're on the topic of quizzes... - (lister) - (2)
             as an occational visitor 58% where do you get pizza? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Pizza Pizza according to the quiz - (lister)
         Inland North - (admin)

Mmmmm... warm chunky cheese Danish... in a cup! How convenient is that??
57 ms