IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For some reason that "Good" fails to surprise me
New So I should sit idly by
while those who are paid for by my taxes to teach and be responsible for my children and their safety demonstrate a lack of capability to do those tasks?

Sorry, thats TENURE...and I don't agree with that either.

Of course, I don't expect you to understand nor believe that this view has absolutely zero to do with the object of the drivers ire.

To each their own.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New beats watching the kids fornicating in the back
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New I'm lost...
she's a bus driver, she doesn't have tenure and she doesn't teach children.

While her conduct was rude and inappropriate in front of children, it doesn't demonstrate a lack of capability to provide safe conduct for children.

Furthermore, if she is fired, and replaced with someone who DOES have a history of accidents while driving, what does that say about their commitment to safety?
New I was surprised that she didn't
bring up a First Amendment defense: "Hey, it's my constitutional right to express myself on political matters..."
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Responsibility is door to door
and while not teaching a subject, it is my expectation that all representatives of the school to conduct themselves appropriately in front of my children.

She did not.

And I would have big problems if they replaced this driver with someone less capable. Thanks for la poisson rouge.

New Surprise - I concur with beep
She was terminated for inappropriate behaviour in front of the kids. Plus, if she's driving a bus, how could she have two hands on the wheel and still flip the bird. Now whether or not termination was too harsh a punishment, I would have to read the employee conduct rules of the bus company.

First amendment does not apply, she's driving a school bus one-handed. Safety issue.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Me too

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:27:08 AM EDT
New different reason, too stupid to deny it to stupid to drive
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Need more info to decide if I agree
Re: Safety. Was she stopped waiting for the motorcade to go by?
Re: Causing the kids to see something obscene, disgusting and depraved they've never seen before. Did the kids actually see the Chenying?
Re: Severity of punishment. Was the firing from management in accordance with regs (perhaps a warning might have sufficed) or from pressure from the Gov?

Still, it was dumb to get caught.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
New All questions answered, I disagree
-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
New Me three
New got a finger for you right here
[link|http://www.tacticaltelevision.com/?q=node/17|http://www.tacticalt...on.com/?q=node/17]
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Cute movie.
Stupid people for thinking it wouldn't last forever and come in "handy" someday.

Glad I'm not a politician.
New Really. Reaching. If not downright prissy
So then, for 'rudeness' you lose a job. Period - no details needed. Not surprised; don't want you on my jury, either.

Or was it an "expression of disapproval of the performance of a politician, while he is actively soliciting votes, at a time nearing polling?" Where lies the First Amendment, amidst the debris of so many others?

That linked brief summary is so stark, the conclusion you leaped-to is about >you< - not about any of the circumstances which you know nothing of:

Imagining that a gesture [was it momentary? or sustained for 5 city blocks?] is "endangering" your progeny! implying that both hands must steer 100% of the time:

I'll bet YOU don't have both hands on your steering wheel 100% of the time the car is moving. And I'll bet that when you remove one to pick your nose: the car [hasn't crashed yet or we'd have heard.]

Just pure Authoritarian sophistry of the control-freak kind - to imagine.. that her gesture endangered anyone, or that these '06 kids were :-0

SHOCKED..! SHOCKED..! SHOCKED..!
Oh, the HORROR (I'm sure they don't see any dead Iraqi kids on their tube, either.)

If, in fact - the kids looking at the Prezmobile could even see the gesture (?)
But even if they could, it is purest hypocrisy to consider the scale of 'rude gesture to a pol' at the end of his campaign <==> equivalent to any snap-judgment of loss of livelihood.

ie I demur.

By All Means:

Do sit idly by. More often.
New There you go, assuming again.
Safety? That was a red herring brought by someone else.

It was about behavior and appropriateness.

And you, my friend, will be the among those rewarding...proving that no action (as long as it suits you, regardless of timing and placement)...proving to these children that no act comes with consequence and that no person shall be respected if he holds a view somehow different from mine.

Fuck everybody.

Yep...that will bring everyone to the Valhalla you seek.

You see, if my KID points his finger at another kid and goes "bang"...he's suspended. Must be better to be a grown up, huh. You can shout "its my RIGHT" and point YOUR finger and its "an expression of disapproval."

Gotta love it.
New Concur entirely, about the BANG
No kid in my charge would be playing with cap-pistols or hyper-realistic AK-47s with notches and fake blood spatters: either. Or listening to Kill-the-Bitch CDs, or..

But the medial digit has become as common an expression as, "so's yer old man".
Now, if you had 900 mSec to indicate to a passing glad-handing pol, your disapproval (of his platform? himself? whatever), as I see it you have two universal options:

1) Thumbs down.
2) Middle finger up.

Both the Pres and the Veep appear to make liberal use of #2, while you'd think that the refined folks in positions of Power.. might opt for the former, wouldn't ya?

See what happens when the Top is as corrupt as this particular assortment? They reinforce the tawdriness of the unwashed masses.

(Personally my choice would have been: to take Both Hands off the wheel and position my fingers in a Cross.. while Shrub wouldn't get it, maybe someone else in the car would. Might even decipher ~~ blood-sucker and -spiller! if imaginitive. OK forget that last.)

I see your point about the cheelrun and about a patina of civility to delay the warping of their malleable jelloware.. for a little while. So I'd say to the frustrated driver with a busload of kids waving at the bling-bling aspect of Celebrity:

"This gave bad impressions to your charges; impressions of adult contempt for a putatively contemptible figurehead. You should have stifled that natural urge. You're docked x-days and get a reprimand."

I hope the union prevails. Loss of employment demands a more severe rudeness than this common digi-signal IMO. And one needn't be an anarchist to turn the other cheek, as some ancient guy used to say to an earlier flock of sheep. (But then his messages got passed through corp HR and committes) and, well - today we gots Prezs and Veeps who swear.. by the guy They Say, but still Lie A Lot, in between finger raisings. And invitations to an unnatural act, in the latter case.

So then.. ya want this driver should do better than The Rulers.. or starve next?
Guess I need to send you my Gooder Book.

New curious again...
didn't you bring up safety?

In fact, didn't you argue that it was the bus driver's drive to teach...and that was her most important function?
New Re: curious again...
and while not teaching a subject, it is my expectation that all representatives of the school to conduct themselves appropriately in front of my children.
New A hand gesture, BeeP...
has fuckall to do with the safety of your precious leeedle childuns!

Halloween's over. Put the straw away for another year, OK?
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
New Read first. Post after. Been addressed.
     Bus driver fired for giving Bush the bird - (lincoln) - (35)
         Fired for being a Bad Example to the Kids. -NT - (folkert)
         Good. - (bepatient) - (21)
             For some reason that "Good" fails to surprise me -NT - (rcareaga) - (20)
                 So I should sit idly by - (bepatient) - (19)
                     beats watching the kids fornicating in the back -NT - (boxley)
                     I'm lost... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                         I was surprised that she didn't - (lincoln)
                         Responsibility is door to door - (bepatient) - (6)
                             Surprise - I concur with beep - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                                 Me too -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                 different reason, too stupid to deny it to stupid to drive -NT - (boxley)
                                 Need more info to decide if I agree - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                     All questions answered, I disagree -NT - (Silverlock)
                             Me three -NT - (hnick)
                     got a finger for you right here - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Cute movie. - (bepatient)
                     Really. Reaching. If not downright prissy - (Ashton) - (4)
                         There you go, assuming again. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Concur entirely, about the BANG - (Ashton)
                             curious again... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 Re: curious again... - (bepatient)
                     A hand gesture, BeeP... - (jb4) - (1)
                         Read first. Post after. Been addressed. -NT - (bepatient)
         More here. - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Right - (bepatient) - (6)
                 Penalty only comes when Pol gets involved. Hmmm. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Show patience until.. - (bepatient) - (3)
                         POTUS didn't complain to the school board... - (Another Scott)
                         In-Your-mind that it's about Shrub's earned obloquy - (Ashton) - (1)
                             And you continue - (bepatient)
                 I've seen more on local news about this - (tuberculosis)
             so...let's get this straight.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 Re-read the Seattle Times story. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     My reply...yep. she didn't give him - (Simon_Jester)
         More on Reichert (new thread) - (tuberculosis)

Escape from the prison planet!
174 ms