IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm lost...
she's a bus driver, she doesn't have tenure and she doesn't teach children.

While her conduct was rude and inappropriate in front of children, it doesn't demonstrate a lack of capability to provide safe conduct for children.

Furthermore, if she is fired, and replaced with someone who DOES have a history of accidents while driving, what does that say about their commitment to safety?
New I was surprised that she didn't
bring up a First Amendment defense: "Hey, it's my constitutional right to express myself on political matters..."
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Responsibility is door to door
and while not teaching a subject, it is my expectation that all representatives of the school to conduct themselves appropriately in front of my children.

She did not.

And I would have big problems if they replaced this driver with someone less capable. Thanks for la poisson rouge.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Surprise - I concur with beep
She was terminated for inappropriate behaviour in front of the kids. Plus, if she's driving a bus, how could she have two hands on the wheel and still flip the bird. Now whether or not termination was too harsh a punishment, I would have to read the employee conduct rules of the bus company.

First amendment does not apply, she's driving a school bus one-handed. Safety issue.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Me too

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:27:08 AM EDT
New different reason, too stupid to deny it to stupid to drive
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Need more info to decide if I agree
Re: Safety. Was she stopped waiting for the motorcade to go by?
Re: Causing the kids to see something obscene, disgusting and depraved they've never seen before. Did the kids actually see the Chenying?
Re: Severity of punishment. Was the firing from management in accordance with regs (perhaps a warning might have sufficed) or from pressure from the Gov?

Still, it was dumb to get caught.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
New All questions answered, I disagree
-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
New Me three
     Bus driver fired for giving Bush the bird - (lincoln) - (35)
         Fired for being a Bad Example to the Kids. -NT - (folkert)
         Good. - (bepatient) - (21)
             For some reason that "Good" fails to surprise me -NT - (rcareaga) - (20)
                 So I should sit idly by - (bepatient) - (19)
                     beats watching the kids fornicating in the back -NT - (boxley)
                     I'm lost... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                         I was surprised that she didn't - (lincoln)
                         Responsibility is door to door - (bepatient) - (6)
                             Surprise - I concur with beep - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                                 Me too -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                 different reason, too stupid to deny it to stupid to drive -NT - (boxley)
                                 Need more info to decide if I agree - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                     All questions answered, I disagree -NT - (Silverlock)
                             Me three -NT - (hnick)
                     got a finger for you right here - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Cute movie. - (bepatient)
                     Really. Reaching. If not downright prissy - (Ashton) - (4)
                         There you go, assuming again. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Concur entirely, about the BANG - (Ashton)
                             curious again... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 Re: curious again... - (bepatient)
                     A hand gesture, BeeP... - (jb4) - (1)
                         Read first. Post after. Been addressed. -NT - (bepatient)
         More here. - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Right - (bepatient) - (6)
                 Penalty only comes when Pol gets involved. Hmmm. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Show patience until.. - (bepatient) - (3)
                         POTUS didn't complain to the school board... - (Another Scott)
                         In-Your-mind that it's about Shrub's earned obloquy - (Ashton) - (1)
                             And you continue - (bepatient)
                 I've seen more on local news about this - (tuberculosis)
             so...let's get this straight.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 Re-read the Seattle Times story. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     My reply...yep. she didn't give him - (Simon_Jester)
         More on Reichert (new thread) - (tuberculosis)

In th' stables, m'lord.
102 ms